UT2kX Unreal II/XMP weapons mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
I tried it and there is a few bugs I noticed.

CAR when you empty the gun it doesn't play the reload anim
the Hydra grenade launcher when we switch ammo the "loader" turns back after switching

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
CAR does play it, but somehow gets interrupted in the process. And it plays it fine if you reload manually. I guess I should see if I can do anything about it. And yes, I know about the Hydra, but it needs a bit of a rewrite overall.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I know I am fu*king blind that I've discovered it today - Dude where is SHOTGUN???

It's there. It just doesn't replace the linkgun in games that have vehicles enabled (otherwise you couldn't heal them or nodes, which is a major part of the game).

If you want to have it even in those gametypes, then use WORM or some other weapon replacement mod to customise it (though you'll lose the added features of the stock mutator).

If I could get the Mind Claw animations working, I could make it replace the linkgun, as it's also a healing weapon. But so far I don't have them, so...

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Oh man, I remember looking for something like this YEARS ago. Definitely giving this a go.

EDIT: After a LOAD of games with this I can say the bots have no idea what these things are and some are convinced they are some sort of advanced alien q-tip, I have no such illusion and have tested these weapons on those poor confused bots EXTENSIVELY. I'd like to see a limiter on the turrets though, otherwise matches turn into ONS-Primeval Spidermine VS quick... except instead of little hopping exploding spiders there's bullets and rockets everywhere. I believe Mr Evil did that with his Turrets.

A bit more polish and this mod will rank up there with Chaos: Evolution in my book.

Last edited:

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
If VendorX was to finish his script for exporting the meshes, then yes. Otherwise, no, there are no animations for it...
I see that still you have problem with assembly all SM for the meshes - it's not that hard :)))... Tip: use the meshes as they are and in run-time attache all SMs to corresponding bones. This will have very little impact on performance cause they're not natively assembled, but should work...

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I see that still you have problem with assembly all SM for the meshes - it's not that hard :)))... Tip: use the meshes as they are and in run-time attache all SMs to corresponding bones. This will have very little impact on performance cause they're not natively assembled, but should work...

No, not really. All I need is the meshes that are actually in GEM format, like the Singularity Cannon. Though they might already work fine and be available at this point, I just haven't checked (I'm working on a different mod at the moment).

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
Even if it (animations?) doesn't work, why not use a template gun (shieldgun) as a placeholder?
If the weapons physique works, but looks strange, I would still like to use it.

So GreatEmerald are you done with your 'other project' ;)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Animations should work at this point. And no, I'm still working on the other project (UT3 weapons), and will be working on it for quite a while still.