Vehicle concept

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
:mad: Both you cut your ****in engines "now". Why you so quick to "judge" his art? So it "resembles" the Halo tank there are definite diffrences on the concept art. The body frame is diffrent, same with the grill design. Hell even the freakin turrent is diffrent and you two say "Z-O-M-G" its the Tank from HALO U R S0 Duh Art Rip HAX0R ! **** act your age guys or goto your rooms we're not amused. :mad:

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
I don't think it looks like the Halo tank at all. In fact, if you look a bit closer than "barrel + threads = tank" then it's not remotely the same.

This one has a much more high-tech feel to it. Almost all the surfaces are rounded, there are a couple of sperical shapes in there (for instance the 'hinge' on the side, in the middle).
Also, the turret has a very clear vertical-oriented shape to it, while the Halo tank is very horizontal-based (just look at the air intakes or w/e they're supposed to be).

This one looks like it can actually be used as artillery due to the range of freedom on the barrel.

That said, I'm not too much of a fan of the main body front. It looks too much like a goofy SUV/soccer mom car hood and too little like it's serious business;)
If you were to lower that a bit, or at least make the profile a bit more slanted (make it ' bite', lean forward a bit), as well as change the chrysler-style grill to not look like a regular car's it would look really badass. Now it's a bit like a regular car with tank threads and a turret plopped on.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Yeah, the hinge is pretty cool. I also imagine that it's quite practical, it allows the tank to get over obstacles easily, and if I'm not much mistaken, actual tank tracks are hinged as well. Just not as visibly.

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
Uhm, if you want to include it in the game with other vehicles, will be really hard to find a balance.
Any idea of the caracteristics? Speed, Rate of Fire, damage, ability to rotate/aim high, weak points, special abilities....

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
This looks great. I think a good way to balance it would be this. Driver... drives, and passanger fires tank cannon. This would mean you couldn't drive while firing. It should also have a much slower rate of fire. and slightly less health than the goliath, while moving more quickly and being more agile, all of these things would balance it quite well. Maybe replace the hellbender. or a more agile alternative to the paladin.

I love the current design by the way.

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
If you want to make this thing for UT3, might i suggest something? UT3 doesen't really seem like it needs a faster heavy tank to replace the Goliath, or even to fight along side it, but a light "cavalry" tank, or even a Takette could be a fun inclusion, possibly replacing the Hellbender, thease tanks or smaller and much faster than main battle tanks, they are made for anti-infantry use and not tank on tank warfare, usually armed with a large machine cannon or a mortar, they are designed to rush the enemy and break through their defenses and reak havoc.

Something like that might just be alot of fun.

1R0NH4R\/35T

is not amused.
May 10, 2008
Earth
ticktockman92.deviantart.com
If you want to make this thing for UT3, might i suggest something? UT3 doesen't really seem like it needs a faster heavy tank to replace the Goliath, or even to fight along side it, but a light "cavalry" tank, or even a Takette could be a fun inclusion, possibly replacing the Hellbender, thease tanks or smaller and much faster than main battle tanks, they are made for anti-infantry use and not tank on tank warfare, usually armed with a large machine cannon or a mortar, they are designed to rush the enemy and break through their defenses and reak havoc.

Something like that might just be alot of fun.

I guess that would be useful. I never really liked the 'bender, so this could be used as an alternative.

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
yeah same I hate the bender, I like this though. Very much like the jointed tracks idea. Very nice overall. If you do have to change it don't stray too far :p

Honestly I'd love to model this for you some time. If you have a concept that you're happy with by june 30th or so I'd love to take a shot at modelling this thing although I can't make any promises about deadlines, I tend to jump around projects a lot :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
yes, that would be good. Really the more the better. Especially if you go into detail illustrating specific parts like how you want specific joints to look that sort of thing. Otherwise I'd have to improvise along the way which isn't bad but it does take away from your original vision :p

1R0NH4R\/35T

is not amused.
May 10, 2008
Earth
ticktockman92.deviantart.com
yes, that would be good. Really the more the better. Especially if you go into detail illustrating specific parts like how you want specific joints to look that sort of thing. Otherwise I'd have to improvise along the way which isn't bad but it does take away from your original vision :p

I think I could do that, no problem.
And of course, I'd have to change the grille so that people quit calling it a Chrysler.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
If you''l go for completely new design, I suggest you try and look at some old tanks like say, soviet
T-28
or Mk B Adapted to UT3 style they might look pretty interesting and be that same replacement of Hellbender