InstaGib suicides... Imposible?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
I tend to play a lot of instagib CTF. Durring the day when I have less time to sit down and play I stick to the bots. At night I'll log onto some servers.
After I started playing the bonus maps I began getting instagib catagories in the suicide section of my local stats. It only occurs on Darl16(U know what I mean, can't remember, it's too new). I patched up to 413 just for reference. I got my first suicide (IG) while I was running 402. I also have some other weird suicides such as the enforced, sniper rifle, minigun, pulse gun, and "suicided". "Special" covers a lot, to me that's understandable. The pulse rifle primary travels slower than a falling player so it is possible to shot youself on the way down. but all the other weapons listed are "instant hit". I don't get it. "Suicided" must be a new term in the bonus pack or v413.
The only weapons I thought it was possible to actually hit yourself with were-
redeemer, rocket launcher, ripper, (reg) shock rifle, ges bio rifle, imact hammer, and the flak cannon. Does this seem weird or is there something I just never took the time to learn about in UT.
-maybe ricocheting bullets were added in 413!
ha...

------------------
No thanks... I've already had my *** handed to me today.

spyder913

Bringer of FREE BEER
Feb 17, 2000
Seattle, WA, USA
Have you ever shot down a redeemer? Well if you do it with a gun like the enforcer (or any of those other guns) and the blast from the destroyed 'deemer kills you, you get a suicide. I don't know how this would work for the instagib mutator (although you can get enhanced shock rifles in custom maps). Suicided happens when you type in "suicide" at the console

bullet2.gif

|elite|spyder913 #463784

Play on my server, Free Beer from |elite| unreal://128.208.57.212

M

Morgan

Heavy lag is also a common cause of suicides with weapons like Enforcer, Sniper Rifle and the minigun. Especially if you're running forward while shooting. The lag will make the bullet leave the gun while you're already in front of it.

bullet2.gif

Yeah lady, you and the IRS...

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
I never thought of heavy lag, but that's rarely a problem. These (I haven't checked my Worldstats) are for my local stats though, for practice matches. As far as "suicided", a bot holds the record for most of those. I've checked further into the (local) stats and these suicides mostly seem to only be happening in that particular level.

bullet2.gif

No thanks... I've already had my @ss handed to me today.

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
spyder's right about the "suicided" thing. If you type "suicide" in the console, you'll kill yourself. If you switch teams in the middle of a game, it registers as a "suicided" death also. This would explain why bots rank highest on your localStats, because everytime someone enters the game, the bots get shuffled about and those that switch sides "suicide".

And I agree that the lag issue is the biggest cause of suicide by weapons you wouldn't normally kill yourself with. And sometimes if you die "wierdly", and the game can't figure out how you killed yourself, it just goes to the weapon you are holding.

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com