Make the model look like you...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sylvester

Dec 6, 1999
Leuven / Belgium
Visit site
Not as difficult as one might think.
Wouldn't it be cool to give a model your own hight and fatness so that the model is a more accurate representation of yourself (or the person you would like to be).

For example... i'm 1.99m high and weight 76kg. So i'm a tall slim person and it would be cool that others can see this in the game.
A twelve year old would be like 1.60 and 50kg.

The code exists for this feature(see fatboy and the make tall mutator).
It doesn't seem difficult to implement and would be very cool.

Sylvester out...

Sylvester

Dec 6, 1999
Leuven / Belgium
Visit site
Not everybody needs to 'cheat' to win /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

You could build in a limitation...
and tall people can have advantages too you know...they can look over ledges

Sylvester out...

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Hell, that's a damn good idea!
You have to be kinda einstein!

How about adding this feature not only for the player himself, but also for the bots?
No, the player would choose weight and height of the bots, not the bots themselves..

And after all it wouldn't be that good to be 50cm tall; you cannot look that good - maybe even jumping/speed could be restricted - that would balance it out. Or have a payload/bulk restriction because of your dimensions..

If I was part of the team(which I'm not /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif )
I'd consider this idea very well!

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Sylvester

Dec 6, 1999
Leuven / Belgium
Visit site
You don't need to be an einstein to come up with great ideas (altough he came up with the 'ultimate weapon'... but I doubt that a sane person would consider this 'ultimate weapon' as a great idea) /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Sylvester out...

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
He actually came up with 2, the second was "lousy husband".

We could make it, but to what use? Either people won't care, or it would be abused. Wait 3 months and all but the new guy will have "the right" size. It's not that it wouldn't be cool if perfect balanced so that even maps that hinder/benefit certain sizes will be fair.
The closest we would come could be a female option that sported smaller size, less strength and stronger aquatic movement.