Poop gate has been overpooped

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
oh wow, this made my day.
Larkin has proved, once again, that he is unconscionably retarded.
A privilege is a special entitlement to immunity granted by the state or another authority to a restricted group, either by birth or on a conditional basis. By contrast, a right is an inherent, irrevocable entitlement held by all citizens or all human beings from the moment of birth.

Thank you wikipedia. God, I hate you.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
argue it's "protecting" someone?
Actually, if you allow me I would.
I think that children from different mothers but with the same father would be troubled by that fact, and also the father would not be able to realistically take care of two or more families even if he tried his hardest to (Which is most certainly not the reality of things in Africa where polygamy is omnipresent.)
Also, it protects the women as who knows with whom your husband has slept? You are supposed to trust your spouse, now you're not sure if he's got something like HIV or other terrible sexually transmitted diseases. The possibility is that he could infect you as well as all the other women he has sex with (And that also definitely happens in Africa.)

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I love lolitics threads, it brings out the worst in people, and it also brings out the stupid. The best way to handle these threads is to stay neutral. There is no right or wrong as seen by the constant bickering of Larkin and friends, and government everywhere should be automatically classified as incompetent morons. IMO this whole gay rights bs shouldn't have even happened. You want to eat dick and get married, that is your decision, but why spend so much time and money on this to make it a law. I would say California have bigger fish to take care of, like the fact they are a state on the brink of bankruptcy if it hasn't already happened. Get your priorities in order you dumb ****s.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Thank you wikipedia.
that's called arguing semantics. it's straw-man.
you're ignoring the issue by splitting hairs over whether we should call marriage a right or privilege. marriage is not a "club" that someone invented. it's in institution that should be granted to any 2 people who are in love.
God, I hate you.
why? just because we disagree? I don't hate you.
you're a sad man.
I don't even know what Larkin's point is in this thread!
He's just trollin' right?
basically, yes.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
that's called arguing semantics. it's straw-man.
you're ignoring the issue by splitting hairs over whether we should call marriage a right or privilege. marriage is not a "club" that someone invented.

Yes, it is.

it's in institution that should be granted to any 2 people who are in love.

How about three? Why are you discriminating against three people in love? You bastard.

why? just because we disagree? I don't hate you.
you're a sad man.

I hate wikipedia, not you.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Apparently he does and that's pretty facepalm-worthy.
Even in the Bible it is explained that while marriage is a gift from God it can be given by him to a couple who is in love.
While the specifications of how the couple can be/is composed is up to religious beliefs (And some Christians do accept same sex marriage), the fact is that nobody is excluded like you seem to exclude the homosexuals outright Larkin.
Even the Bible is somewhat less radical than you in that particular case. Does it not bother you even the slightest?

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
No, it doesn't. I'm not religious and that isn't why I think anything I do.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
so then why do you think what you do?

did some fag run over your dog or something?
what's wrong with you?

you provide no reasons or explanations other than to quote definitions of the word "privilege" and tell us we're wrong without saying why.