Video Question!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Ruby_Knight

Jul 31, 2000
Visit site
I told u about the souped out comp im getting in 2 weeks, and have another question. It says it comes with 128-bit 3D AGP Graphx Accellerator with 64MB frame buffer embedded in North Bridge(shares memory), up to 1920x1200 16M resolution. Wondering if this is a good video setup to run UT effencially. Oh yea for those of u who didnt see my other post heres the quick specs(to help u to make a decision on my video setup):1.2 Ghz, 256 MB of Ram, and 40 gb HD. Thx for any help!

AmigaOne|BuF

Masterful
Sep 14, 2000
Lansing, Michigan
Video

Hmm.. while I'm not a big fan of integrated systems I suppose the specs you provide won't be too bad. I'm am guessing you are referring to a system with an Intel 810 graphics chipset. I think the most important step you need to make is making sure that you have your proper motherboard drivers installed so everything is running at its potential and not being hampered by reference drivers from Microsoft or someone else.

Aside from that it should provide you with an adequate gaming experience.

AmigaOne|BuF

Masterful
Sep 14, 2000
Lansing, Michigan
Eating foot...

Well sorry about that. Wasn't sure either way. But you don't know for sure what actual graphics chip it is? Is it AGP 2X? 4X? Where is your post about the specific system you are referring to? I did not see it. The best cards I've used and read used for UT are the ATI Radeon and GeForce 2 GTS. I have personally used both and am currently using the GeForce as it has more horsepower overall and I believe will be more widely supported over a broader range of games. I am very picky about my fast paced games such as Half-Life, UT, Oni, etc. I like precise, fluid, responsive movement and when I tried the integrated Intel chipset on a 1GHz P3 system it was OK but not great. I don't know for sure how well yours will be but I would say probably decent. It may well outperform the Intel chip simply because of the higher motherboard FSB. Are you using a DDR Athlon or original? Original will have 200Mhz FSB while the former will be 400.

Unless you simply don't have any cash I'd ignore the built-in chip and buy a separate card. I think you'll have a better gaming experience because of it. You can get very good cards for under $200 these days in fact probably closer to $150.