E3 2013 Super Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
There are some games that I'm interested in (Mirror's Edge 2, Titanfall, Quantum Break, SW Battlefront, Destiny for example), but on the whole there's nothing that completely blew my mind.
Maybe it's just me getting older but for whatever reason I used to be more excited about E3.

Also, Microsoft kind of make it seem like they made a bet with Sony - "xx million bucks says we can alienate and piss off the Xbox 360 fan base by announcing our new console!"
Most of the concerns about the Xbox One are non-issues to me (I'm always on, anyway; unplug most of my devices after use; buy mostly new games and keep the games I bought) but the lower price for PS4 is a good point. So instead of an Xbox One I can buy a PS4 and have a nice dinner out with my wife after that :)

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
What a twist, guess we can call it Xbox One Eighty now.

Microsoft changing Xbox One policies

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games--After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today--There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-changing-xbox-one-policies-6410472

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov

More of the same, but from the source:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

• Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.
In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Just the same, I'll stick with PS4. I just don't like the idea of an always-on camera and microphone in my living room.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Haha

"We wanted to fuck you all up the ass, but now we don't want to anymore :D"

Microsoft company of the year.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Their PR part was beyond awful during E3. MS probably expected Sony to use similar DRM methods as they planned. After that didn't happen and such enormous backslash from every possible part of the internet (and real life) they just did not have other options unless MS wanted Xbone to be DOA. This is, folks, perfect example how company tests consumer patience to see how much anti-consumer methods they can enforce until they hit the wall. We can indirectly thank Sony for todays happening.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yeah, Sony steered that wheel unexpectedly into the opposite direction and best of all is how Xbox1 had it's debut before Sony, so that Sony could slap MS in the face real hard. Touché, haha.

Oh well, let's see how Sony f#cks its potential up first, before judging further.