UE3 - UT3 UE3 Tutorial - Weapon with Original Mesh

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ephemeratics

May 19, 2009
www.celestemasinter.com
I have recently written a comprehensive tutorial for creating a UE3 weapon with an original mesh - 1rst and 3rd person.

Yes, I know there are already tutorials in existence to this effect. I am standing on the shoulders of giants - like geodav and ambershee. (Thank you, guys!) It is due to such tutorials that I was able to write this one. I do not claim new knowledge - my apologies!

Firstly, I wrote this tutorial to expand and clarify my own understanding.

Secondly, this tutorial is organized, written step-by-step, and grammar and spelling checked (for the most part), designed for the novice at both skeletal meshes and mutators. I've had the tutorial "beta-tested" with success, and the opportunity to test the tutorial in the classroom. So - for anyone who has never gotten a weapon (with original mesh) into Unreal 3 before, and is looking for a carefully written tutorial that starts at square one, this might be a good place to start.

download here

for everyone else, thanks for humoring me!

Last edited: