1on1 UT BT WorldCup III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N!Ce

Jun 14, 2008
Hi there :wavey:

Nice to see there are still UT fans around, also outside of my communities.:)
This is an announcement I added to multiple forums, because I got many complains from ppl who missed the sign up period of the last 1on1 BT WC, hope it's not considered spam. :shy:

BT-Star.jpg

The much anticipated third 1on1 BT WorldCup has opened sign ups. The cup is known for its high quality standards considering cup presentation and coverage and for being the only (realtime) online fps world tournament on this planet. Those who wonder about the current activity in the first UnrealTournament - the best UT made to date and one of the best fps games ever made (gameplay wise) -, UT BT is still going strong and the requests for this cup were numerous.

Unlike some other gametypes in UT that have mutated into elite clubs, BT is still a gametype for ALL skill-levels: low, mid, high, unpayed pros. Latter have been present in the last 1on1 WC's first division and showed some inhuman capabilities. However there were and again will be multiple divisions to provide a place for everyone, nomatter how experienced.

What is BunnyTrack?
BunnyTrack is based on the UnrealTournament gametype "Capture The Flag" and was originally made by clan FEB.
The main difference to CTF: You don't have to fight against opponents in order to be able to score. Instead of that you have to make your way through obstacles, which need jumping-, dodging-, shooting-, timing-skills and more (depends on map).

WARNING: BT is known to be addictive and can be very frustrating if your fps skills are not sufficient for the played map!
That's why we recommend: Always start with easier maps and have some extra mouses and keyboards at hand (in case your first ones met the wall or were thrown out of the window).

What is BT-MaTcH?
This cup is hosted on ClanBase, but organized and presented by BT-MaTcH, a BunnyTrack community channel on irc.quakenet.org with numerous features around BT (e.g. Pickups, BT-Map records, BT news, Map ratings etc). Try it: #BT-MaTcH
A Website is in the making.

For more info and to find out how to sign up read here.

Good Luck & Have Fun d:]

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm, a world cup. Interesting. Looks like that BunnyTrack is something like Trials in UT2004, just based on another gametype, though never seen it.

N!Ce

Jun 14, 2008
I did a mistake on the channel link. Fixed now, sorry about that. =x

Hmm, a world cup. Interesting. Looks like that BunnyTrack is something like Trials in UT2004, just based on another gametype, though never seen it.
Trials is what comes closest in UT2k4, there are quite a few differences though.

Give it a try, get the mod here.

Maps can be downloaded from UnrealPlayground, BunnyTrack.net or i4games.

Enjoy :D

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Raynor, nope, absolutely never heard of it.
And hmm, guess UT2004 movement will make it quite a lot easier, hmm? :) 55% air control and double jumps!

N!Ce

Jun 14, 2008
sounds really good.
i know the game is for fun but i lose my aim if i play bt.
There are quite a few maps where you need a very good aim. The shoot obstacles mostly need mid air shots, that's good aim training imo. :sniper:

And hmm, guess UT2004 movement will make it quite a lot easier, hmm? :) 55% air control and double jumps!
Probably one of the reasons why it were never really done for UT2k4. There were a few attempts from the community but they all failed. :nag:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
BT is nice but the learning ramp is a bit too steep. I could probably manage some of the intermediate maps but a slight ping difference or a bit of lag could make certain tasks impossible.

Overall it's a shame that more thought hasn't been put into making the gametype enjoyable for everyone by making some maps that an average player can handle.

N!Ce

Jun 14, 2008
BT is nice but the learning ramp is a bit too steep. I could probably manage some of the intermediate maps but a slight ping difference or a bit of lag could make certain tasks impossible.

Overall it's a shame that more thought hasn't been put into making the gametype enjoyable for everyone by making some maps that an average player can handle.

There are quite a few easier maps. :eek:
In total there are more than 1000 maps now, at least 100 of them are easy enough to be capped by anyone who played UT for more than 3 months. :)

The cup will have 3 or even 4 divisions, one of them for those who are new to BT and not able yet to handle the harder maps.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Well those maps are too easy. What I meant is that there's a big gap between those maps and the mainstream ones. I know this because I've tested a 100+ maps for a public server and, while the basic maps were sort of boring, the more interesting ones discouraged most of the players that came on there.

I'm glad to hear that you've created some divisions so everyone has their chance. I'd be interested to find out what maps you have ligned up for each.

Last edited:

N!Ce

Jun 14, 2008
That is being decided by the players (mainly): click!

Every player can post a list of maps he/she wants to have in the cup. :)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
That's quite a problem with Trials too. There are only hard ones, and a few very easy ones that no one ever plays. So I only spectate those matches, although spectating good trialers is very amazing.

N!Ce

Jun 14, 2008
Same with BT, looks really cool watching div1 matches on UTV. Hard obstacles suddenly look easy when they pass them :)

N!Ce

Jun 14, 2008
In case you are interested in the outcome, here is the final news item (click) with winners, stats and other cool stuff.

If you wonder why it took so long, it's because there were 424 matches on the schedule (of which 370 got actually played) and the finalists needed 4 months to finally agree on a match date, after uncounted reschedules. :F

Have fun. :)

Btw, I think this tournament is one of the proofs that good'ol'UT is far from dead. \o

Last edited:

N!Ce

Jun 14, 2008
Hadn't heard about PCGO before, looks interesting. By the look, BT is more advanced though, as it has more complex and diversified obstacles, besides that multiple on a single map. PCGO seems pretty advanced for the time it was done at though.

And yes those 1on1 matches are pretty tense and fun, to play as well as to watch on UTV. :)