More ****ing With Unreal 1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
It's basically where you have a class that holds a reference to the next object in the list, which has a similar reference to the object after it, and stuff...

Ghost3021

Registered Hobbit
Nov 21, 2004
Behind you.
oh...ok i see i get it...so (in the class) it spawns another link in the chain untill it hits the wall...ahh ok
so the laser is basicaly 2 classes, the dot, and the link class.
cool...i think i get it \o/

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Unreal likes to freak out about infinite recursion, though, so I had to limit its length. The beam looks so small at long distances, though, that you can't really tell that it ends prematurely at long distances.

Ghost3021

Registered Hobbit
Nov 21, 2004
Behind you.
Hmm...wasn't the max loops before 'infinite' around ten million? heh but if it was that long performance would get pretty bad anyway....
very interesting.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Unreal yells at you after 250 iterations. I don't know about loops, this is about recursion.

Ghost3021

Registered Hobbit
Nov 21, 2004
Behind you.
Ahh...oh well since the mod is designed for SP only the whole laser-cutting-out-after-so-long thing shouldn't be a problem...
Hmm
Is there a weapon I can try to script that you haven't started? :)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I don't think I have any new solid weapon ideas yet. I think I'd prefer to do the code myself anyway. I sorta doubt I'll ever "finish" this thing, it's largely just something to tinker with. :b I'm open to ideas, though (but I'm really picky :b).

Anyway, I got a primary fire put together for the stinger mk 2. I basically kinda hate the gun. XD Secondary's kinda cute, but the weapon's just really dull. Too much like a newbish "I took this gun and made it shoot faster/more projectiles/different projectiles" deal.

The magnum, however, is turning out quite nicely, and definitely tons better than the old one I had going. I've attached some shots of it 1: being selected, 2: sitting, and 3: firing. It has an enviromap overlay, and the cylinder rotates into the next position when you release the trigger (which happens when you actually release the fire button). The muzzle flash in an animated mesh I made, using a couple of Unreal explosion textures for a skin. It doesn't need to be reloaded yet. I'm not sure if I'll actually add that, I kinda like firing constantly at a slow, steady pase, slowly chipping away at an enemy's health. I d'know what I could make secondary do if not reload, though. I could make it change ammo types to a higher caliber bullet, but the SMG already does that...

Attachments

• MagnumSel.gif
    MagnumSel.gif
    272 KB · Views: 17
  • Magnum.gif
    Magnum.gif
    140.5 KB · Views: 16
  • MagnumFire.gif
    MagnumFire.gif
    222.8 KB · Views: 18

Ghost3021

Registered Hobbit
Nov 21, 2004
Behind you.
Nice....

Oy, did you by any chance register for unrealsp.org? :p or is that a different dude...

well, i understand the personal-project thing...i redid all the weapons myself awhile back (but have since then deleted them :/) into much more powerfull, more cooler versions....so i'll go ahead and let you at it. i like the looks of the upgrades you've been giving them though ;)

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
So, I have discovered that SoundVolume appears to be scaled based on LightBrightness. That's kinda STUPID. Grr.