UE3 - UDK pop up message and options

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dakenho

Dec 12, 2011
I have had great success generating a level with lots of interesting interactive switches, lights, and ai spawns. But what I can not figure out is how to create/adjust the user interface. All things that I can find say you need to create and such things in flash then import them. My question is there a way to get pop messages or options for a player? For instance, a player comes across a strange object, option 1: kick it, option 2: examine closely. or even splash page where users can set difficulty or choose from single or multi-player. I find it hard to believe unreal would not have this ability programed in.

also if any one has any good book recommendations about unreal I would love to read them

dakenho

Dec 12, 2011
I do not get pop up when I hit escape it usually just goes back to the editor with out any prompts. Do I have to do a full compile to get this?

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
yea, pressing esc in the editor just kills it. you have to launch outside of the editor to see it. also, the whole front end is interactive (again, not in editor)