RealMaps wants YOU!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Hey everyone!

Now that the transition is almost complete, I can now start accepting map submissions for reviews on realmaps! WE WANT YOUR MAPS! Send 'em in by the dozens! ThunderChunky and myself have plenty of time to do nothing but REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW!! :D

"How can I get my map to you?" You might ask. Well, my friends, there are several ways to get your maps to us.

The first, and easiest way, is to email me a link to where I can download your map from. My email address it lospescados@planetunreal.com

The second way, is to upload your map to my web server. If you are comfortable with FTP, then log on to ftp://64.177.6.169/incoming/ and put your files in there. Don't worry if your map doesn't show up when you're done! Directory listing is disabled for that directory.

And yet another way to get your map on realmaps, is to post download links right here in the mapping forum. To make it easy for us to spot which maps are meant for review or not, put something in your subject like "New map submission for RealMaps".

Anyways, I'll keep you all posted on further developments and enhancements being made to the site.

Los Pescados

los.gif

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Map Submission

Like I said with witka's wadi, I've already submitted all my maps to realmaps already, but they haven't been reviewed yet.
All the maps are at:
www.bartkus.net/chopchop
The only map at the site that has been reviewed is Snipercamp, and that was way back when.
Thanks,
Jaymian

Botman

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
Visit site
Great to know that the Real-Maps site is back on track and with Los Pescados and ThunderChunky at the ranes it should do well! All the best with the site guys :)

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Also, just a note to everyone who has submitted maps in the past 6 months or so. Pickle has not gotten to very many of them, and there's a good chance that the links and such to them were lost when his computer went down. So, you'll wanna re-send them in!

Basically what I'm saying is go look at realmaps right now.. if you don't see your map there, SUBMIT IT TO ME OR THUNDERCHUNKY!!! :)

Mike

los.gif

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
fileplanet

Just a few of the newer ones are not at fileplanet yet. We ran outta room at our website, so we had to place our maps somewhere. I run into alot of slowdown at fileplanet all the time. Sorry for the inconvenience and keep trying.

Jaymian

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations Los Pescados and Thunder Chunky!!! Or Los and Chunks as I tend to call you. If you ever need/want someone to review maps, give me a holler as I'm always willing. If you want to see my reviewing capabilites, I have reviewed UT and Red Alert 2 on my site, they're at www.snowmansland.cjb.net so if you got a minute (or 20) check them out. Once again, congratulations, you two definately deserve the job.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.
www.snowmansland.cjb.net

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
FTP

Just in case fileplanet was giving you crap, I FTPed all the maps from chop chop to the specified FTP location. One thing though, DM-HuntingCabin seems to dislike INF 2.8*. It works fine for UT and the older INF 2.75, but it will kick you out every once in a while with some sort of bot error. If you don't want to deal with it's bug, don't waste your time with reviewing it. If I ever find out what is causing the error, I will make an INF version of the map. Thanks for getting Realmaps back on it's feet.
Jaymian