Sunlight edges

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I'm having problem with sunlight.
I've got it to shine on my terrain just fine :tup: but it's also shining inside a tunnel that leads into the side of the terrain that's made with BSP. And where there is a Zone Portal, I go from completely lit to absolute dark.

How do I stop it shining into the tunnel, and how do I get a smooth fade?

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
Place a plane (bsp probably best) over the area you want to shade, place a fully transparent texture on it, and turn off all collision. that way you won't see it ingame and you won't be able to interact with it. rebuild lighting, under it will be shadowed, unreal shadows aren't raytraced, so it won't calculated transparency, place it in the right position to shade the tunnel correctly. Should get you closer

If the surface is BSP that you want to fade, you can alter the light map size on a per face basis, so make it a smaller number that it is (in the surface properties). This will have the odd effect of blurring the shaded edge.