lighting is gay

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Couchman

Feb 1, 2005
ok, look at the pic, its self explanitory, why is there a cut off of light, why is it gay, how do i fix it

Attachments

• lightproblem.JPG
    lightproblem.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 85

Couchman

Feb 1, 2005
Kantham said:
It is the bsp.

Try a 2 sided texture.

isnt that a 2 sided texture...can someone just tell say 1.do this 2.do that, im so lost, i had it working before just by clicking buttons, now i dont know, ive never even heard of a 2 sided texture, only a 2 sided sheet bsp

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Well i don't see the problem even with the screenshot,tell me what I am supposed to be seeing there,and I will try to be simple and specific with some help.

For all I know it just looks like one light aint bright enough,whats exactly wrong with that picture?

To me the cut off of light just looks like normal shadows from the other light and is being cut off correctly.So wich light is not doing what it's supposed to.

Last edited:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
looks like the UEd gremlin strikes again. Set the surface to unlit and see if the surface shows up, so you can show us the difference.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
2 sided texture is suposed to fix that problem, King mango posted a thread like that on UP and alot of people where thankful

Couchman

Feb 1, 2005
the wall is all the same texture, the one light on the right should shine on the dark side on the left, its like, it just cuts off, i read a tutorial it said something about "brightcorners" but its not a selectable thingy, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THERE IS bsp there, the light is just being cut off so you cant see, the question is ***how do i get the light to shine past this barrier that doesnt exist and to get it to shine on the other side like a normal light***

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
heh i dunno,i never got a problem like that unless my map was all screwed up and or bsp holes,collision probs.