Hello after ten years

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UDTSNAKE

heart breaker and life taker
Nov 16, 2001
Good Old USA
Visit site
So I own an xbox 360 and really hate it. Sitting down in front of a pc and spending hours is a visceral emmersion that can only be allowed/enjoyed in my case many years ago. I sit on my sofa and get annoyed at the lack of precision of my controller, the lack of spirit in online games and mostly the lack of fun. It is seemingly dycotemous to say that the more serious, intense and realistic games attracted a crowed of players that were...well, just good sports. Im getting a new pc this weekend and its going to be a gaming rig...the girlfriend can have the xbox for the kinect. Does anyone else see a sort of gap or hole...are we at the event horizon waiting to be sucked away by kids who take it all very personal.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Even as PC gamer it's frustrating. I however started to play Ghost Recon (the first and only) again. Some oldschool GR players are still playing and these guys are over 30, over 40, over 50 years old but still chilled and easy. Had some good rounds co-op with them.
Nothing beats hitting the dirt and scouting the site with the team, than to sneak up to the objective from the forest, destroy armored units that secure the site with AT-4's, engage in some tense firefight and extract when objectives are complete.

Infiltration? I don't know. The SCAR Rocket Launcher Massdestruction Unit destroyed the last bit of sanity in INF and the remaining players seem not to take that game any bit of serious anymore, think about Infiltration being played like Call Of Duty, you get the idea (and it scares me away). To me, INF is dead.

So where are we now? Some oldschool INF players, that I had the best games with in the (long long gone) past try to convince me to get ArmA2. I am less than fan of ArmA, but if it can be played like Ghost Recon (without all the vehicle sh*t, just a small recon team) I might go for it.

Welcome back however.

Matiwas

Jun 2, 2009
The SCAR Rocket Launcher Massdestruction Unit destroyed the last bit of sanity in INF...
Im sorry to say this Inigo, but I agree with him. Hellhound is OP.
Otherwise scar is awesome! ;)
So where are we now? Some oldschool INF players, that I had the best games with in the (long long gone) past try to convince me to get ArmA2. I am less than fan of ArmA, but if it can be played like Ghost Recon (without all the vehicle sh*t, just a small recon team) I might go for it.
Don't forget the new school INF player(s).
The only way I have played Arma is in a small group against numerous enemies (Coop) -if thats what you meant :D.
I just can't stand the lack of pvp.. and the lack of games actually... sure, there are servers running 24/7 but pvp there sucks hard. And as you know, I don't really enjoy coop that much...

To UDTSNAKE:
What can I say.... Reinstall INF and play with us once a week and wait for Ground Branch ("Infiltrations successor") and/or Project Reality 2 ("It will play like infiltration...")

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
i play red orchestra and ofp/arma since the demise of both infiltration and the third reich.
I am in the beta test program of RO2 and its the closest thing to ww2 inf we are going to get for the foreseeable future.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
"are we at the event horizon waiting to be sucked away by kids who take it all very personal."

Just look at the American Congress. They gamble with the country at stake and could care less about the citizens. They act like spoiled 2 year olds. You can imagine how their kids are. Yeah, overall, the majority of players online these days are either bad sports or cheating hackers. You have to have full blown anti-cheat running these days or everyone will hack.