Having some troubles with Inf =)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xan_Stas

noobie
Jun 6, 2010
www.tayfun.ucoz.ru
So, having played infiltration for 3 year and now me with my 5 friends are playing every day but we have some troubles:
* i'm using mutators M60 and SCAR(activate them in mutators list) without any trouble but my friends can use them in their loadouts but cannot see the model of m60 or SCAR in their and my hands) when playing on my server.
*when using Nightvision, all players on my server haven't any trouble with it but if I switch NVS "on" - the whole map becomes brighter. I've read the manual and turned off the precaching on all computers and we all are using latest OpenGl dll.
*When playing online some players are suffering from high lags even when their ping is low(player is teleporting a few steps behind sometimes, especially when crossing the doors).
* Have installed Psytex step-by-step by manual but still cant connect to servers which require it.
So i ask, can anyone from community upload the whole Infiltration installed to any location i can download it from?
Sorry for my bad english -i'm from Ukraine and am half-asleep =)
Hope someone can help me and my friends :)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
* Have installed Psytex step-by-step by manual but still cant connect to servers which require it.
What happens if you try to connect? Version mismatch of files like "INF_Assets.u"?
Maybe you launch the game with the original INF shortcut? If so, make a shortcut of the Infiltration.exe launch icon, rename it and open it with right click/properties and add -INI=infiltration_psytex.in at the end of the "Target" line.

Can't say what can it be. Do you use Win7? I happened to just copy the whole UT directory from my XP machine to my Win7 laptop and use the launch icon as I described above, and never had any issues.

Xan_Stas

noobie
Jun 6, 2010
www.tayfun.ucoz.ru
I'm using Win 7. The error is Version mismatch "INF_Assets"
Using modified launcher right as you say.
Can you upload your Ut directory to somewhere? It will be nice to join with my friends to INf community.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
It's quite easy. Just open your infiltration.ini (or infiltration_psytex.ini if you're using this one) search for 'serverpackages' (or so) and you'll find a list with all the packages currently used by your server. Find the first empty entry and add the M60 and SCAR .u files there; at least that's how I think it works (from memory, which isn't the best) - I'll check later when I'm home again and have my Inf install.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
i'm using mutators M60 and SCAR(activate them in mutators list) without any trouble but my friends can use them in their loadouts but cannot see the model of m60 or SCAR in their and my hands) when playing on my server.

Yeah you have to add the SCAR and M60 to your serverpackages if you are the host. To do so go to Infiltration.ini and Infiltration_psytex.ini and seach for "serverpackages" then after the last one create a new serverpackage... it should now look like:

Code:
ServerPackages=INF_M3S90
ServerPackages=INF_M2HBAimView
ServerPackages=INF_Deploy
ServerPackages=INF_Bandage
ServerPackages=INF_SCAR
ServerPackages=INFMOD_M60
ServerActors=TeamSpeakSync.TeamSpeakSyncher
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer

Remember that you have to add a serverpackage to every new mod you use (if you are host) in order for them to work with other people , but you can't add too many serverpackages cuz UT only support like ... I don't know the real number but I think it is like 30 or 40 something.

when using Nightvision, all players on my server haven't any trouble with it but if I switch NVS "on" - the whole map becomes brighter. I've read the manual and turned off the precaching on all computers and we all are using latest OpenGl dll.

Can you post your settings under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] in the Infiltration.ini? and your Pc specs

you can also try and copy and paste these settings under opengl in the .ini

Code:
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
RefreshRate=75
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=True
UseS3TC=True
UseTNT=False
LODBias=0.000000
UseMultiTexture=True
UsePalette=True
UseAlphaPalette=True
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
MaxAnisotropy=0
AlwaysMipmap=True
UsePrecache=False
SupportsLazyTextures=True
TruFormMinVertices=0
TruFormTessellation=3
UseTruForm=False
ZRangeHack=True
AAFilterHint=0
NumAASamples=4
UseAA=True
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
MaskedTextureHack=True
SmoothMaskedTextures=True
FrameRateLimit=0
SwapInterval=0
UseVertexProgram=False
UseCVA=True
UseMultiDrawArrays=True
TexDXT1ToDXT3=True
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
CacheStaticMaps=True
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE2=True
UseSSE=True
BufferTileQuads=True
BufferClippedActorTris=True
SinglePassDetail=True
SinglePassFog=True
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=True
UseDetailAlpha=True
DetailMax=2
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
NoMaskedS3TC=False
Use16BitTextures=False
AutoGenerateMipmaps=True
ShareLists=True
UseBGRATextures=True
UseZTrick=True
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
OneXBlending=True
GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.000000
DescFlags=0
Description=

When playing online some players are suffering from high lags even when their ping is low(player is teleporting a few steps behind sometimes, especially when crossing the doors).

Tell the players to type "netspeed 20000" in the console and see if that changes anything.

Have installed Psytex step-by-step by manual but still cant connect to servers which require it.

Check this step by step guide how to install psytex/inf ... I installed Infiltration perfectly yesterday (again..) using this my guide.

Xan_Stas

noobie
Jun 6, 2010
www.tayfun.ucoz.ru
2. settings was

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
RefreshRate=0
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=True
UseS3TC=True
UseTNT=False
LODBias=0.000000
UseMultiTexture=True
UsePalette=True
UseAlphaPalette=True
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
MaxAnisotropy=0
AlwaysMipmap=True
UsePrecache=False
SupportsLazyTextures=True
TruFormMinVertices=0
TruFormTessellation=3
UseTruForm=True
ZRangeHack=True
AAFilterHint=0
NumAASamples=0
UseAA=False
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
MaskedTextureHack=True
SmoothMaskedTextures=True
FrameRateLimit=0
SwapInterval=0
UseVertexProgram=True
UseCVA=True
UseMultiDrawArrays=True
TexDXT1ToDXT3=True
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
CacheStaticMaps=True
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE2=True
UseSSE=True
BufferTileQuads=True
BufferClippedActorTris=True
SinglePassDetail=True
SinglePassFog=True
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=True
UseDetailAlpha=True
DetailMax=2
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
NoMaskedS3TC=False
Use16BitTextures=False
AutoGenerateMipmaps=True
ShareLists=True
UseBGRATextures=True
UseZTrick=True
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
OneXBlending=True
GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.000000
DescFlags=0
Description=

I copy and paste roadstroker's settings under opengl in the .ini
but anyway other players can normally use NVS and when i switch it on - my player's model is illuminating itself and all on few meters around + all trees on map become brighter
what to do with it?

after adding to the serverpackages
mods are now working perfect =)

can anyone help me with next problem? in multiplayer players connected to my server often can see all players camos colored acid green or white (for both team) when i see camos working normal

Last edited:

Vennge

Dec 3, 2010
Moscow Russia
can anyone help me with next problem? in multiplayer players connected to my server often can see all players camos colored acid green or white (for both team) when i see camos working normal

i have the same problem with psytex camos =(
we've installed it with .exe-file with overwriting. old camos working ok, weapon tex look great but new camos are acid green =(
also arms of 1st person model are black.

Vennge

Dec 3, 2010
Moscow Russia
is there any serverpackages for psytex camos?
it seems like engine paints textures green if they are unknown server/client-side

Shot000187687678.jpg

Last edited:

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
If I remember correctly .. every new Camo needs a serverpackage so its good to only pick the camos you are going to use. Or you could use the dynamic package loader , its should be floating around on the forums somewhere.

Vennge

Dec 3, 2010
Moscow Russia
If I remember correctly .. every new Camo needs a serverpackage so its good to only pick the camos you are going to use. Or you could use the dynamic package loader , its should be floating around on the forums somewhere.

yep, that's the ticket.
how can i understand what sp write into infiltration.ini in this case? neither name of camo (without .utx) nor class from psytex.int are working =(

i'll try to find this "dynamic package loader" also.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
well try to match it as it says in the Ini "ServerPackages=INF_cCamosRussianT" and you might want to type them in both Infiltration.ini and Infiltration_psytex.ini