CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
On hardcore mode, the Desert Eagle is soo overpowered. Its so accurate both down and not down the sights. And with that perk that gives you twice as fast reload, its unstoppable. Reloading with that perk lasts less than .5 seconds, and the gun is accurate even when fired form the hip.

Pser

Jan 29, 2008
dudes why are you doing this. I was already going to purchase the orange box. And now im reading this topic and have doubts. :D

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just unlocked double tap tonight. I think it's excellent for shotguns and my M4. Still want the god damn P90.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I'm seriously loving hardcore mode, SO MUCH NICER. I can't believe I didn't even know it existed until this thread. Been playing a little bit of headquarters on hardcore and the game is a bit more fun. I do wish I had more guns unlocked though, being a sad little level 21.

~Jason

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I seriously hate Hardcore. Kinda breaks the whole purpose of the game. You're also a pigeon ready to get shot at any moment. It seems to favor camping and "I'll stay there hidden behind those boxes waiting for someone to pass by then find another box" gameplay.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Love the game, be it in hardcore or normal mode. Don't mind which, only changing between them is annoying. Especially going from hardcore to normal and finding it takes twice as many bullets to kill someone.
Currently whoring the M60 with stopping power and martyrdom. Pretty damn effective :D

Mostly play TDM, still yet to try headquarters or Search and Destroy properly.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I prefer Hardcore most, because there you can actually take someone out on a bigger distance with the P90. :p Frag grenades are actually useful too, as they are deadlier and don't show where they are on the HUD.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The P90 is so annoying on Hardcore... one bullet seems to kill you.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
I've been playing it a lot since I bought it a few weeks ago. I'm at level 35 (Major) and I've only run into one server that had a "no-running except under fire" rule, though I have seen maybe a couple that request that you don't bunny-hop. I gather it's to make things feel a little more realistic. I actually ended up playing quite a while on the one I ran across. Of course there are hundreds of other busy servers that all ping around the 20's for me, so I can always choose to just play TDM, HQ, or S&D.

Kantham, you make it seem as though the P90 is the only good gun in the game. I've found several that are pretty potent, especially with the right attachment.

You may not like it, but I think you're definitely in the minority. I find it to be refreshing and addictive.

:stupid:

I got it on Sunday and am already a Gunnery Sergeant II. I'm pretty fond of just playing as an assault guy haven't wondered in to a custom class yet. I've got a couple of servers on my Fav' list already none of which have stupid rules about dropping nades etc.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The P90 is so annoying.

Fixed. But lately it seems like the P90 count has droped. I have no clue (Maybe it's my playing style) but whenever I pick that weapon from the ground I get a bunch of kills. Not what I can afford with a M4 really.

P90 + Faster reloads + Steady Aim = Owies.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I thought shotguns were affected too? :con:
Anyway, it's hard to notice such kind of detail is such a 'nade spammed game.