Intel Chipset and DX7 not working?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KiloDelta

Rogue
Feb 14, 2000
Toronto, ON
i've got a new system, it's a:

p3 667 w/64 megs RAM and an INTEL 82810e graphics controller.

UT v436 runs at 30-40 frames/second in software rendering (640x480)

but when i try to change it to DirectX rendering, it runs about 1-3 frames a MINUTE!

please help me get rid of this problem!

Taker

UT Junkie
Originally posted by KiloDelta
i've got a new system, it's a:

p3 667 w/64 megs RAM and an INTEL 82810e graphics controller.

UT v436 runs at 30-40 frames/second in software rendering (640x480)

but when i try to change it to DirectX rendering, it runs about 1-3 frames a MINUTE!

please help me get rid of this problem!

Okay so you have an INTEL 810e.That's a good chip and is just the "controller" chip on the motherboard.What I would like to know is what kind of 3D accelerator/Video card is the 810e controlling?A Geforce?A Voodoo3,4,5?A TNT?A diamond?Without knowing a little more about the card and drivers.And which OS you are using it's hard to give you any help.
:D

KiloDelta

Rogue
Feb 14, 2000
Toronto, ON
uh, i don't think i've got a vid card. can't find it in my properties. the monitor plugs into a port on the back, but not in a slot, it's just a bundled package.

if that helps. i guess i should go get one. any ideas ?(cost IS a factor...$200-$300 area)

i'm running win98 se.

i know, i know...i'm a loser...