[DA2 v1.0.0] The dead won't lay down (Linux)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

colinkhalid

Dec 11, 2002
U.K
Visit site
Iam running DA2 under Linux and have noted that when you kill an enemy rather than fall over it will stand there untill it disappears. It makes it hard to decide what is a dead or living enemy, a bug ?

brokenFIX

Oct 29, 2004
mmmm, I remember the Frag Ops mod having the same problem under linux, it was a problem with ragdolls or something.

colinkhalid

Dec 11, 2002
U.K
Visit site
Sorry to be unclear.

What happens is when you kill an enemy bot you would expect it to lay on the ground in some form or fashion but what happens is the bot that has been killed will remain standing untill it disappears sooner or later as set by decals. This means it can be hard to distinquish between live or dead bots. I have not tried this online yet.

Iam using Mandriva Linux 2006 which is using open GL any advice welcome, this is a great game

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Thanks, now I understand, can you post your DA2.log, located at ..\UT2004\DA2\System\DA2.log. Also please check your DA2 settings regarding Karma physics if they are enabled, set them to High just for a test too.

Elp

Oct 7, 2005
It happens when your karma file is missing, make sure you have the file "DA2_Human.ka" in C:\UT2004\DA2\KarmaData\

You prolly forgot that one, or your unzipping application isnt working properly, i know winrar caused me problems with installing karma files @ Frag Ops, dont ask me how that happened, it just screwed the map up.

Elp

Oct 7, 2005
Well, there's your problem, it should be in the UT2004\DA2\KarmaData\ folder, not in UT2004\KarmaData\ :pP

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
colinkhalid, yes please check your ../UT2004/DA2/KarmaData directory there should be a file named DA2_Human.ka. If its NOT or if the file is in ../UT2004/KarmaData then you have to move it.

Maybe you manually extracted and you forgot the file so please let us know so we can help you make the game work.

colinkhalid

Dec 11, 2002
U.K
Visit site
Sorry its was getting late and I made a typo :eek:

the file , DA2_Human.ka does exist at the following location : /home/colin/ut2004/DA2/KarmaData

I have noticed that when you install UT 2004 on linux the installer creates a hidden folder at :
/home/colin the folder is named : .ut2004. Inside this folder there are a number of other folders one of which is DA2, (other folders are from other mods eg Fragops and a system folder with the ini files for the normal UT 2004). Inside the DA2 folder is a system folder with several files one of which is DA2.ini and another called DA2user.ini. Not sure if this has any relavance.

I did manually extract the files using ark.

Be happy to help sort this, or any other problem out as I really enjoy this Mod:D

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Hmm, weird problem might have to get someone from linux support to check it out further. DA2 was tested under linux and it worked fine with karma so something with extraction didnt go well I believe.

JKM

Oct 12, 2005
freegamearts.myexp.de
Got the same problem, but my UT2004 is located in usr/local/games/ut2004. I extracted the .zip as a superuser to the UT2004 directory, and everything except the ragdolls seem to work.

colinkhalid

Dec 11, 2002
U.K
Visit site
What Linux distro are you using JKM ?

I noticed that there are Karama files in the original ut2004 folder should I copy them into the DA2 karama folder ? ................ just a thought.

JKM

Oct 12, 2005
freegamearts.myexp.de
Ubuntu 5.04, but I doubt that should make a difference.

Btw, the karma data from all other mods works fine (for example from RedOrchestra), so I guess it must be a bug

colinkhalid

Dec 11, 2002
U.K
Visit site
I copied the file as you said and it worked :)

Now the dead will lie down:D

The effect of killing a bot has that ragdoll effect that you would expect,
Did you still want the log file uploaded ?

Thanks for solving that problem its going to make the Mod so much more enjoyable