Tim Sweeney Talks Android

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Via Android and Me comes this clip in which Epic Games' Tim Sweeney comments on any future UE3 Android projects - basically no-comment. The questions arise amidst a conversation about Unreal Engine 3 running on NVidia's Tegra Processor. The author of the news piece seems convinced that news of UE3-Android is surely imminent.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
So Epic is going after the mobile market. Neat. I just want to know why the UDK (or UT3 for that matter) isn't available for OS X right now if they took the time to get UE3 running on the iPhone. They need OS X support if they want people to develop for the iPhone.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Tim Sweeney looked to be getting a bit annoyed with the interviewer actually... o_O Especially with the android comments.

<shrugs>

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I was looking at Unreal II credits, and Tim Sweeney was in the last third of names for engine dev.

Does that explain a lot, or does that take his credit away?

That game is pretty, but it sucks and it also sucks.

Last edited:

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Dungeon Defense on Android (with wireless instead of split screen coop) could be cool.

I was looking at Unreal II credits, and Tim Sweeney was in the last third of names for engine dev.

Does that explain a lot, or does that take his credit away?

That game is pretty, but it sucks and it also sucks.

Relevance to mobile devices? Just curious.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
I've seen a lot of Tim Sweeney interviews, and he usually has a lot of prepared stuff to say, this one he just seemed like "wtf is this guy on about" heh