Gears of War 2 Screenshots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Microsoft and Epic Games have released four new screenshots from Gears of War 2. It looks like all the shots were taken from the same mission featured in the trailer they released last weekend.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
and probably wallpapers. i can see thousands of fanboi wallpapers using these few shots surfacing until the next screenshots get released.
lots of wallpapers with random fenix/dom/baird/cole quotes on top of them with the crimson omen and the name of a clan dominating the center of the wallpaper :rolleyes:

Damn! You stole my idea!

*exits stage right ;)

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
I really wish we were getting all those sweet visual upgrades for UT3 :D I know it wouldn't be that easy but if they made it where all future community maps could access some of that it would be awesome :p Too bad they didn't wait a little while and release UT3 with those effects anyways :p Anyways I'm looking forward to this game, looks awesome :)

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Looks okay ... more of the same but that is alright since the game is pretty good overall. I just hope the story is more fleshed out. Man did the story and dialogue for the first Gears suck big time. Thankfully the technology behind the game was what most people were excited about ... curbstomping and chainsawing people appears to be what a great deal players really loved about the game and what it brought/brings to the table. What I cannot wait to see are the Locust creatures that make the Brumak look puny ... that scares me.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Man did the story and dialogue for the first Gears suck big time.

I loved the dialogue for most of the game. It was perfectly cheesy and just the right amount of stereotypical badassness. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd hate for Gears to get all deep and meaningful. Of course, I know your stance on Cole's dialog from a previous thread. I'm not referring to that.

Trip123

May 14, 2008
www.destinydealers.de
Nice shots, but from what i ve seen so far, they could make heavy use of distance blurring which i dont like at all. Apart from that the Game looks great, but heck its an Unreal game...

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
I loved the dialogue for most of the game. It was perfectly cheesy and just the right amount of stereotypical badassness. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd hate for Gears to get all deep and meaningful. Of course, I know your stance on Cole's dialog from a previous thread. I'm not referring to that.

I would like to see some twists in the story though or some new things we don't expect. One idea that I would love to see is the Locusts single out Fenix. We would get this empire going after luke thing. What I mean is imagine Fenix recieving intel that him and his squad have been green-lit for extermination for causing the Locusts problems in the first game.

I would like to see a dispatch of elite Locusts (their special forces) tasked with taking out Fenix. Dialogue could be taylored to show that the squad and Fenix are fearful. Then throw in some dialogue backstory about rumors of these elite Locust units accompanied by their vicious atrocities. I would love to go through the single player having fear of being hunted. This is a constant story element used in movies and if done correctly I think would add depth to the story. I believe this would work well in parallel with the regular objectives you go through during the game. During war if a small group causes a problem they are specifically targeted by the enemy. The Nazi sniper who was dispatched to Stalingrad is a good example. Just an idea.

Oh and we need mini Brumaks!!! The Hunters in HL2 e2 were pretty cool. Don't make them look the same of course but cousins of sorts. I guess all these ideas are coming from my desire to see the Locust's arsenal in this game.

Last edited:

Swanky

Natural Born Killer - Yoshi!
Jan 29, 2004
Germany
www.swankl.de.vu
I'd like the characters to be deeper, to have some kind of background to them. They were cheesy, but all the squad members felt 2dimensional, even Fenix with his little 14 years in prison storyline. You don't even get to know why the trial was unfair.
We should probably dispatch a community mail to epic so they include the talk in GoW2. :rolleyes: