First parameter in spawn() function?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{WE}Blue

Feb 16, 2006
What is it supposed to be?

I looked at http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorFunctions#Spawn but i don't understand what the first parameter is supposed to be, there's no explaination.

Could someone just give me a couple examples of use of this function with all the optional parameters filled in?

Oh and as far as the context is concerned, I'm trying to spawn actor.navigationpoint.flagbase

i know this is a n00b question but please forgive me thanks

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I couldn't say exactly... I'm guessing something like:

myFlagBase = Spawn(class'x[Blue][Red]FlagBase',,,Location,Rotation);

{WE}Blue

Feb 16, 2006
Sir_Brizz said:
I couldn't say exactly... I'm guessing something like:

myFlagBase = Spawn(class'x[Blue][Red]FlagBase',,,Location,Rotation);

well i just want it to be added to the map as soon as the map loads.

So first I run a conditional to check if the map is DM-Turbine

If the conditional is true, then it adds a red flag at loacation (-1520,-111,-192) and a blue flag at location (1215,-128,-79) with yaw pitch and roll all 0.

and can i just put this code in my gametype.uc class? I want the whole mod to only have 1 .u file.

oh and i should remind that this is for UT99

sorry i'm a total n00b