BURN INFOGRAMES/ATARI BURN THE HERETIC11!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
BURN THEM!!!!

I have done a very long reserach on this subject, digging out old sites through waybackmachine (some of the stuff didn't work still but I was still able to find loads if info) (btw you can even dig out from it the pages of beyondunreal which were lost during the database crash xD).
Seriously they did a serious damage to the Unreal series....they are behind like 4 or 5 cancelled Unreal titles, yeah no ****...
And many of the Unreal titles under Aari were better in its beta stages of developement etc...

They were behind cancellation of Unreal Level Pack (the original expansion, not rtnp), Unreal PSX port/expansion, UT expansion, Unreal Warfare and perhaps some Unreal 2 title (not confirmed) and perhaps more!!!
It is a conspiracy really..... (well during their era all of those titles didn't see the day of light)

THIS IS MADNESSS1111!!!!!

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Blah Blah ****in' Blah

Please sir, remove yourself from the gene pool. Your fellow men will thank you.

And just FYI, those cancelled Unreal ports and the cancelled UT expansion are not news. When that happened I was over at Atari and we had a huge powder keg blowout because of it. It's already been discussed, argued about, and forgotten; you're about seven years too late. Congratulations.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Please sir, remove yourself from the gene pool. Your fellow men will thank you.

And just FYI, those cancelled Unreal ports and the cancelled UT expansion are not news. When that happened I was over at Atari and we had a huge powder keg blowout because of it. It's already been discussed, argued about, and forgotten; you're about seven years too late. Congratulations.

I don't believe he was trying to present it as news, he was just trying to say Atari is responsible for all that has ruined Unreal in his eyes.

His only fault here is either a severe spell checker malfunction or an entirely different first language to English... neither seem justifiable reasons to immediately remove someone from the gene pool.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
475569.jpg

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
:lol:

Anyway I still wonder where is that forum thread about that other presumed Unreal 2 expansion, I don't remember if it was lost during database crash or it was somewhere else (I think it was somewhere else). I was searching for that and other info and I was not able to find it, I wish the way back machine could store more stuff or full forum threads and pages..well that won't happen I think.

And I knew about this before, but I just summarized this all in this thread and made this just to have laugh about it. It is not that I took this really seriously, if someone tends to think that...but still it is a bummer that these titles didn't come out..

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I really don't think it was atari that canned these projects. Rather Epic decided that a dual production of Unreal 2 and UT2k3 was the way they wanted to go. All of these projects that Atari supposedly canned weren't complete ideas and for the most part probably wouldn't have worked at the time.

However, I think Atari may be partly to blame for the suckyness of UT2k3 and Unreal2.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I really don't think it was atari that canned these projects. Rather Epic decided that a dual production of Unreal 2 and UT2k3 was the way they wanted to go. All of these projects that Atari supposedly canned weren't complete ideas and for the most part probably wouldn't have worked at the time.

However, I think Atari may be partly to blame for the suckyness of UT2k3 and Unreal2.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2293660&posted=1#post2293660

This includes some quotes from FGN online...which shows it was really infogrames who cancelled it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20000817181445/http://www.fgnonline.com/news/14257.html

After this was:
http://web.archive.org/web/20000815214700/www.fgnonline.com/archives/2000-06-29.html

Scroll down to Unreal No More..