Quake III totaly weak dude!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathMachine[DER]

Nov 29, 1999
SLC
cc.weber.edu
So I went out today and bought QIII, got home, played some UT for comparison, installed it and.....in the words of my favorite south park kid...TOTALY WEAK DUDE!
Weak weapons, no voice taunts, no assault, no domination, gay interfaces, not impressice graphics, gay multiplayer action. OK, its not that bad, but next to UT, it just doesn't stack up, its not as fun to play. It falls fourth on my list behind Half-Life and Tribes. Not impressive Id.....

------------------
Use the Der!

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
wow im suprized that that | |!|!|!|!|! guy isnt in here talkin trash bout this q3 post
maybe the zoo didnt let him out

Wedge

Nov 28, 1999
Bow, NH, USA
Visit site
DeathMachine, send Id a message and return the game. We can't let Id think that they can sell a game on reputation alone. Id has done some great things in the past but let's be realistic, Q3 is only half the game that UT is.

404|sproket

Nov 10, 1999
i agree death,

REALLY bad interface design (i can't express how bad, did i mention that i am an interface designer by trade?), tacky busy overdone texture effects (ok some of them were cool), some good level design, under-par bots, same old boring weapons, un-engaging gameplay, no voice communication, under-par netcode, lame CTF, ,no integrated mod support, no other game modes, slow performance, i'm not going to go on as i'm depressed now.

The bright side.... UT makes up for all of it and then some, what didn't these guys do right? Hmmm... I'm somehow feel better /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

DeathMachine[DER]

Nov 29, 1999
SLC
cc.weber.edu
Yeah the C++ part is true, but its just sad that Id couldn't write an good stuff themselves to ship with it, besides, I'm not so sure mods can help the problems with QIII, but you never know, people's creativity never ceases to amaze me. QIII to me just seems a little more 'simple' made to just frag the S**T out of whatever moves, doesn't even keep track of your deaths. Anyway...

P.S. I hate that little noise it makes when you're shooting someone, totally cheesey, like I'm playing atari or some crap.

bullet2.gif

Use the Der!

404|sproket

Nov 10, 1999
ok, i'm not judging what 3rd parties come up with after the fact. The hard work that the mod making community does gets rated separately as far as I'm concerned. What I'm judging are "final" products releaded by Id and Epic. I hardly think that Id should release unfinished games and expect the community that buys them to finish them.

Also curious, how much have you really looked into unreal script. The modularity and possibilites are pretty impressive, especially for the more casual developer. Just look at the UT community already. Mods and mutators galore. Q3 is going to have some catching up to do.

TheRock

The Official BuF MASCOT
Nov 10, 1999
Smackdown Hotel
members.ud.com
Wow another satisfied idiot.
Sight The Rock is sick and damn tired of
Q3 bashing in a UT forum. What happened to the millions and millions did they lose the will to ACtually SPEAK ABOUT THE GAME THEY LOVE. Or as they so paranoid that they must continually massage their pathetic egos and bash another game. IF YOU LOVE UT,TALK ABOUT UT. ALL your doing is making others curious and many folks end up buying Q3. And many will still end up keeping it and like it.
And LOVING IT and all your pathetic bashing and whining will not change it. So give up already on that stupid tactic. BACK UP YOUR TRASH TALK by JUST PLAYING UT. Is it that hard to do? Does The Rock have to lay it out for you all the time?

bullet2.gif

IF YA SMELL LA! LA! LA!
WHAT THE PU MASCOT IS....
........... Cooking!

404|sproket

Nov 10, 1999
lucky for me it's a free internet and i can say whatever the hell i want /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

If you will notice i did not start this debate, it's been going on for quite some time. If you don't like being a part of it, i suggest replying to threads that are more to your liking.

On the other hand, lucky for you it's a free internet and you can say whatevr the hell you want /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by 404|sproket (edited 12-06-1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.