What is the minimum

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EASY_T

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
Anyone here can tell me the minimum requirements for RAM ..were there is absolutely no file swapping (accessing Hard drive) while playing UT?

It's obvious my 128mb (pc100) RAM is not sufficient to run UT properly..my guess is adding another 32mb chip for a total of 160 MB ram.

I know I am not alone with this problem.

Please post your CPU and Video card specs too, thank you.

...any thoughts on this appreciated.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
pII 333, 128 ram, v3 2000 pci

no swapping

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

EASY_T

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
Only 512 MB RAM needed for no swapping ?

..thank god..what a relief!

I was getting concerned there for a moment...heh..heh

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

RW

Nov 24, 1999
Sparks, Nevada USA
Visit site
Go to advanced options/rendering/d3d (if that's what your using), and disable the "volumetric lighting" (fog) and this will stop some of your disk thrashing or hitching. Now that will be $10 please for saving you $300 in ram. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

EASY_T

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
RW..

thanx but that's a given already..done it..tried it..been there.

Just a thought..I wonder if a TNT2 card promotes more file swapping activity than a Voodoo3, keeping other things equal in the system?

BadAss

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
C433, two voodoo2-SLI, 96mb -> no swapping. Before my upgrade, I had PII266, and still no swaping.

I heard that if you use TNT, then you need at least 128mb ram.

To skip intro, change you .ini file (in you UT's system directory):

Change from:
LocalMap=cityintro.unr

to:
LocalMap=ut-logo-map.unr

It will no load A LOT faster!

BadAss

EASY_T

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
Well if the TNT2 is a CPU "hog"..
I may have to go for the Voodoo3..
too bad because the TNT2 looks graphically sweet.

Think I will wait for the patch for UT (still waithing for Unreal patch 226)..the question is ..when..when..when will these patches be delivered to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.