UT3DOM *THREAD V2* - Development Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
OK, so how many more of the above listed maps aren't included in the current build and how do I get them to stop appearing in the map list?

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
well, all the other maps that show up in the maplist work. (unless you have some of older versions, those might cause problems) to remove the map, youll have to go into your ut3 install directory, then UTGame\Config and look for DLC_DomMapInfo.ini and open it. then delete the following section:

[DDOM-Aswan UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=DDOM-Aswan
FriendlyName=Aswan
NumPlayers=6 to 12 Players Author: Xerofighter
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:DDOM-Aswan.preview.preview2>
Description=<Strings:UTDom.DOMMapBriefings.AswanDesc>

should be 4th block.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I wonder if the old version (2.0) will work in UT3Dom 3.1? Also, it's possible that CarnageCathedral and Beesting might not work either, but I can't test it right now. I'll also check the info file in the zip and see if it mentions any other maps that don't work, but I'll test them all in DOM and DDOM anyway (or VDOM as the case may be).:)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yep, it's Aswan, Beesting and Carnage Cathedral (those 3) that don't work in the classic DOM or DDOM game type. The maps aren't in any of the 3 possible map places or the UT3Dom3.1 zip file. Any plans on releasing any of these with the next UT3Dom version? I don't have the 2.0 zip download, so I may just have to wait. Also, were the last two ever updated in 2.5?

EDIT: but, of course, this is directed at anyone on that team that wants to chime in also.:)

Last edited:

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
Still riding the "Zombie Horse"
Hi SkaarjMaster :D My apologies on beesting and carnagecathedral (my maps.) There was some sort of mix up on them. I couldnt place control points as UT3 patch 2.0 broke my ability to add them. So I was to provide the most up to date DM versions of the map to the UT3DOM FTP for conversion by a third party. I uploaded the unpublisheds but thru some sort of mixup they never got converted and included.
I am hoping to work on DOM converts when I can and hopefully make them compatible with the existing structure that peeps have already downloaded (IE patch them in) However my latest map and RL guff are making it hard to get to atm :(

On a brighter note there will be a DOM version of my new one Pentecost when i finish it :D

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Thanks man!:) That'll be 2 out of 3 then in the next version. Also, if Aswan isn't fixed by the next version, then I think it should be taken out of the DLC.... file. If the file isn't there or not working, then the info really shouldn't be in the DLC... file.

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
im sure that the author of aswan is eager to fix his end of this prob too.

@skaarjmaster- I dont think that there ended up being a 2.5 release, it went straight to 3.0. Either way I only uploaded the updated versions for the 3.0 release. So if there is a 2.5 release it would have to be the orig version of these two maps. (sorry i missed that question last time ;) )

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I so see a couple servers for it, haven't really been keeping an eye on them though.

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
hey guys, just a quick note that i have now supplied snake with DOM-Carnage_Cathedral_SE, DOM-Beesting_SE and DOM-Pentecost, so reported problems with my maps will be rectified in the near future. I dont think snake was able to get hold of Aswan's authour unfortuantely :(

The prob is that each cooked version is only equipped with the ut3dom version it was cooked with. So 2.0 in aswans case. Snake did try and update the cooked versions with the new 3.1 version but unfortunately it was a no go. I have supplied snake with the unpublished version of all three of my maps now. So future updates should not have issues with my maps whether im around or not ;) I highly recommend that any other DOM devs upload their unpublished to the UT3DOM webby to the Dev\private folder. Only other devs have access to this folder

Also note that there is 5 new DOM maps in CBP3 vol.4 so DOM lovers have plenty to be pleased about now and in the near future :)

[EDIT] I can also confirm what skaarjmaster stated maps with an older UT3DOM build are still playable instant action but will not work on a server LAN or Internet unfortunately

Last edited:

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
cbp3 has ut3dom v3 included. but it doesnt come with all the maps that are in the ut3dom package, just with the 2 of the cbp. you should install cbp, uninstall the dom part of it (should be in your add/remove software) and then install ut3dom v3.1

You can also install both CBP3-3 and CBP3-4 and then install UT3DOM 3.1 without removing anything. If you get a message about UT3DOM already being installed. Use the other installer. It produces a 2nd installer that works around the CBP's. A reboot may or may not be necessary, I did a reboot with this machine but im unsure if it was necessary ;)

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
Okay guys looks like snake has put together the new version 3.1.1

This addresses the missing map issues and includes my two missing maps as well as my new map pentecost :)

Sorry for the delays, please blame me not Snake :eek: Ive been flat out for the last few weeks trying to get it all together at my end to supply him.

Get it here! http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php

and anyone who's been missing the formerly included TDM4 you can get that here. http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/download.php?view.18
In my case I had some ambiguos files after installing it. (after uninstalling 2.0 and installing 3.1) I deleted the duplicate versions in the game install directory and it all works. Note the scoreboard is still messed up this is the orig alpha release. It doesnt interfere with the fixed UT3DOM scoreboard however :)

Last edited: