UT3 DOM Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
You wouldnt know how I could remap TAB (console) to something else (TILDE maybe) so I can map TAB to translocator do you?
Yeah, I asked about this some time ago:
- Search for this in UTInput.ini...
[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=Tilde
TypeKey=Tab

...and replace by the keys you want.
- Then find this one and replace 'Q' by 'Tab'.
Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="GBA_ToggleTranslocator")
I'm not sure if it is that line. If it isn't, search for a similar one.
- Go to configure settings in game and restore all your keys to default, the trans should now be assigned to Tab, and you have to reconfigure all your keys again! :p It sucks, but it seems that it's the only way to get it working... :rolleyes:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I asked about this some time ago:
- Search for this in UTInput.ini...
[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=Tilde
TypeKey=Tab

...and replace by the keys you want.
- Then find this one and replace 'Q' by 'Tab'.
Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="GBA_ToggleTranslocator")
I'm not sure if it is that line. If it isn't, search for a similar one.
- Go to configure settings in game and restore all your keys to default, the trans should now be assigned to Tab, and you have to reconfigure all your keys again! :p It sucks, but it seems that it's the only way to get it working... :rolleyes:

That will keep working only if you make ini read-only. Last time I tried game just kills whatever bind you assigned to Tab.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
The zip file has no Exe in it. i downloaded the zip version and its just folders and files.

Nevermind, I found the correct file. It seems I saw the word 'server' initially the other day and just went straight for the other file as I thought the 'server' download was something special for servers. Thanks.:)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Good news! :)

There will be a Patch 1 in the making for UT3DOM very soon. I have just finished the prototype of the list (meaning that the list for the patch is not final, and could change significantly), and some stuff in here you guys will probably be very excited about...and some you may not know about. :)

Because of my standards of runnign a mod...I will publicly release the prototype list to the public, and see the response and if anything is mising or may need tweaking that is not listed in this list, etc. :)

Anyway, here is the list. :)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Cool! Don't forget to update the spanish localization file I posted in your forums... ;)

Also, the Top point in Cidom is chosen in Double Domination, so it can't be played properly (no trans...). You might want to fix that if a different version of the map is not required... It might also be interesting if DoubleDOM chose 2 different (random) points every round... :rolleyes:

...and using *BOTH* the Translocator and Hoverboard in non-vechicular and vehicular gametypes
...how does this work btw? :con:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Cool! Don't forget to update the spanish localization file I posted in your forums... ;)

Also, the Top point in Cidom is chosen in Double Domination, so it can't be played properly (no trans...). You might want to fix that if a different version of the map is not required... It might also be interesting if DoubleDOM chose 2 different (random) points every round... :rolleyes:

...how does this work btw? :con:

1) I'll include that in the final lisr for the patch (the spanish locale :) )
2) Cidom will be fixed for this issue as well. :)
3) Having both the translocator and the hoverboard selected. If it's virtually impossible, then I'll explude that option. ;)

Anyway, severe thunderstorm (with possible rotation type clouds) are coming my way...gotta shut down computer. :(

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
I must commend you and your team's dedication to this project. You guys have already released a top quality mod and now you're providing some ongoing support too.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I installed the mod in my -nohomedir setup as instructed, except I created a new subdirectory called Script exactly like it shows in the zip file instead of like the instructions earlier in this thread that shows everything going into CookedPC subdirectory for the -nohomedir setup.

Anyway, I started with the standard UT Domination gametype and played Contrast without any problems, but then started AKI and it would not start and even on reboot it still said UT3.exe error....must close program because of error..... and one time I just hit enter and it gave me a kernel error. Anyone know WTF is going on? Is it because I can almost barely run UT3? Even though I have a P4 3.2GHz processor and ATI 9800Pro 256MB video card, I still have 3GB of RAM and a 3GB swapfile. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I have only 1.25GB of free space left on that partition that is running UT3?

EDIT: well this is a fine kettle of fish. I now have 6.75 GB of free space on that partition and I still get an error trying to run the AKI map:

>> First, I get this after clicking to get more info:
UT3.exe (window)
Error signature
AppName: ut3.exe
AppVer: 0.0.0.0
ModName: ut3.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 00742411

>> Then, I get an Error Report Contents windows after clicking to get more info on the error. But I couldn't cut and paste the first part of the error message and I couldn't find the file it said it created storing the error message.

Any ideas?

Also, I just tried Classic TDM (3 team) with Arsenal and no problems until I wanted to get out of the map and it let me start another match but I couldn't get out. Is there any way to tell it to use your default player preferred team color all the time for your team?

EDIT (July 8, 2008): OK, nevermind, apparently this is correct but I didn't do it originally because it didn't make sense the first time I read it a few days ago:
(originally posted in this thread by _aLeX_)

for those running a -nohomedir setup, try the following:

move the installed files to the CookedPC directory of the ut3-maininstallation:

Published\CookedPC\Script\UTDom.u -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTDom.u
Published\CookedPC\Script\UTDomWebAdmin.u -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTDomWebAdmin.u
Published\CookedPC\Script\UTMultiTeam.u -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMultiTeam.u
Published\CookedPC\Script\UTMultiTeamContent.u -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMultiTeamContent.u
Published\CookedPC\DOM_Content.upk -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\DOM_Content.upk
Published\CookedPC\UTMT_Content.upk -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMT_Content.upk

I have only tried ClassicDOM and ClassicTDM (3 team) so far. I have a few more issues, but I'll post that in the thread in the UT3 area instead of this news section. Thank you.

Last edited: