ONS: my bots can't drive!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GingerFlaps

(sweet, moist & chewy)
May 8, 2004
England, UK
I'm making an ONS map with bot support.

The bots jump into the vehicles and then jump out again without going anywhere. It's amusing to watch.

All PathNodes are connected. When I give them an order they obey on foot.

Is there something missing? Do I have to set Driving Licence to True? :lol:

Thanks

GingerFlaps

(sweet, moist & chewy)
May 8, 2004
England, UK
Thanks DeVaTox. :)

The ONS tutorial I was following only mentioned PathNodes and Vehicles, but not RoadPathNodes. It seems that you don't need both! :(

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
No, you don't need both. Just placing RoadPathNodes is sufficient for large outdoor areas. You'll still obviously need to properly path any area where vehicles aren't going to be able to access though.

evenParity

Im going to be in the future
Nov 4, 2001
Vancouver
Visit site
Also make sure a vehicle can see a roadpathnode directly (line from vehicle factory to roadpathnod) or else they dont go anywhere, and the generaly the less roadpathnodes the better cause bots are really bad drivers when given too many options.