Disabling smoke for rockets

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

First_Man_Out

Apr 17, 2001
Canada
Visit site
This is my first posting...so here I go.

Is there some way to disable the smoke trail that is left after the rockets have been launched? Sometimes it gets so thick you cannot see a thing. I think disabling this feature would definitely help in game play.

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks...lots of good info... keep up the good work.

First_Man_Out

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
Originally posted by MagicDizk|PuF
Try setting your DetailTextures=True to False this will cut down on the amount of smoke and mingun ammo that you see.

there's a client-side mutator called liltweaker by usaar33, which among many other things is able to make ONLY your smoke low-detail, while keeping everything else high-detail. I know it helps my fps a lot.. It's available at http://www.unreality.org/usaar33/main.html

usaar33

Un1337
Mar 25, 2000
Unknown
www.UsAaR33.com
nosmoke 3 (don't bother finding it, I don't think anyone but Sin, me and a few others) is only stopped by 4n. The one on modsquad is stopped under most CSHP versions. (just will give a warning).

Little tweaker will not be flagged at all, EXCEPT 4N (no servers run this) if mini shellcases selected to be off. All options (including sprite smoke) are perfectly legal.

Pope

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
Yes, lowering smoke detail does improve your fps. If you have fps problems and wish to play better rather than watch the scenery, lower detail as much as you can.