M/KB finally hits the Xbox!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Ok, between that and UC2...now I have a legit reason for getting an Xbox. :lol:

And thank goodness for that since the only alternative to using the Xbox gamepad for FPS games is that wacky looking controller with the gun triggers

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
This does make it nicer but usb to oversized xbox usb adaptors have been around for quite some time.

With out any good drivers for the mice....functions will be very basic....but still way better than anything a console controler has. :)

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
There, no one can complain anymore about first person shooters on consoles not being as good as the PC versions. :D

This device needs USB 2.0 support though. I hope the next version of it that comes out adds that.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
tool said:
This device needs USB 2.0 support though.

Why would it need USB 2.0 support? As far as I know USB 2.0 is made for high speed transfers between data transfer devices and the computer... stuff like retrieving pictures off of a digital camera.

Besides it is not USB, it is PS/2. PS/2 ports are faster and better for a mouse than USB. See for yourself. Plug your mouse into the PS/2 port and notice how smoothly your cursor moves across the screen. No pixels are skipped during sliding the cursor across the screen. Then try plugging it into USB. The cursor movement, while still smooth, is not butter smooth any more. The movement of the cursor is a tad jerky, like it skips 2 or 3 pixels during average speed cursor motion.

This device should be interesting, but it will make the single player WAY too easy and you will probably own everybody using a controller in multiplayer. Only bad thing about this is finding a location to rest your keyboard and mouse on. You will need to play with a tray in front of you or something.