JBAddon Persistence

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mdavis

Mar 21, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys! Here is an initial beta version for the JBAddonPersistence to be used with Jailbreak 2004. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can get this tested in net play also. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Enjoy!

Attachments

• JBAddonPersistence.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 27

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
From the txt file.

This add-on will allow the winning team to keep their weapons
for the next round. This will also carry over any unused adrenaline in mid combo.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
One time I didn't get my weapons, and another it switched me to the wrong one. I've tried to reproduce, but I can't.

And there's sometimes a slight delay after round start for giving me my weapon. But I expect that's unavoidable.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Just played it, ddn't have any significant problems, only thing I found was that when my weapons were given back to me then I auto switched to the shieldgun, (I spawn with a gun then it switches to the sheildgun)

Are you going to add configurable options for this addon? such as both teams get there weapons back (generally pointless I guess from the people in jail's point of view, but some maps could have weapons in jail, should be added for the sake of completeness) also an option so the loosing team spawns with the winning teams weapons (could be interesting to code, ie who gets which players weapons, imo the worst player should be given the weapons belonginh to the highest scoring enemy player and vice versa.

Keep up the good work :tup:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Played some matches (many of them 1v1 in JB-Cyanide to test quickly) and it does not seem to work well here. :hmm: Many times it didn't give me any weapon when a new round started, I don't know if the weapons go to the losing team or it just doesn't happen nothing... :(
The few times it worked I noticed it automatically switches to the ShieldGun as The_Head pointed. It'd be better if it changed to the prefered weapon.
Also noticed you're given the weapons at default ammo, so If you have only 3 Shock shots at the end of a round you'll have 20 again in the next one... I think the addon sould keep track of each player's ammo, if possible...

Some ideas for different options: :D
- Keep superweapons.
- Keep weapons ammo. Pointed above already, it could be done as an option.
- Keep only ammo, not weapons. Just another idea...
- Keep health from losing players. I like this one, would balance things out a bit...
- Keep Shields and/or DoubleDamage from the winning team.
- Give the same set of weapons to the losing team, as Head said. I like this one, too.
- Give the winning set of weapons to the losing team (the winning team doesn't get anything :p). This one could be quite interesting, too...
- Keep Killing Sprees. It's in the to-do list for JB2004c isn't it? It could be in this addon so the feature can be turned on and off...

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
G.Lecter said:
Keep health from losing players[/I]. I like this one, would balance things out a bit...
It wouldn't work for the same reason the weapon you I suggested that you like nearly wouldn't work.
Loosing players would be dead because of the execution..... or be dead from when they got sent to jail. So choosing a time to take their life from would be indesicive.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
remove the .ucl at all times. I makes the addon pop up in the mutator list. :)

About your way of spawning weapons: dont use addInventory, instead, use : Spawn(class<Weapon>, P).GiveTo(P);

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The_Head said:
G.Lecter said:
Keep health from losing players. I like this one, would balance things out a bit...
It wouldn't work for the same reason the weapon you I suggested that you like nearly wouldn't work.
Loosing players would be dead because of the execution..... or be dead from when they got sent to jail. So choosing a time to take their life from would be indesicive.
So much 'winning' and 'losing'... I wanted to say 'Keep the health from winning players'... :) Obviously there's no way to do it with losers... :p
Another one could be 'Keep the winning jailed teams on jail'...
And why not, keep Llamas? :lol:

Jrubzjenkf said:
I makes the addon pop up in the mutator list.
Tried it through the Addons menu, perhaps it didn't work because of that? I'll try adding it in the mutator list... ;)

mdavis

Mar 21, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys! Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I like the new ideas of things to add to this add-on. I have already started working on giving the losing team the winners weapons. This should make for some interesting games. Mychaeel suggested something cool with the health too. The losing players would receive a percentage of the winners health.

I'll look into the problems you guys ran into. I didn't test in 1v1, but I didn't think the behavior would be much different. I'll keep you guys up to date on this add-on.

mdavis

Mar 21, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Tried to reproduce the errors you guys are seeing, but no luck. Everytime I start a new round, I am automatically switched to the best weapon. It just so happens that the call to ClientSwitchToBestWeapons in the Controller class is called by the server on a new round. Can't figure out a way around that at the moment.

Also, I am not seeing what G.Lecter is seeing regarding having each weapon spawn to their default ammo. Is anybody else seeing this?

I did manage to fix the slight delay in handing over the weapons to each player. I am also making some headway into the extra features, so be on the lookout for that.

mdavis

Mar 21, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys. Been busy with finals this week, so haven't had much time to update. Hope people are still interested in seeing this go somewhere.

Quick question. Lets say in a 4v4 match, there is only one player left on each team. One team gets sent to jail and executed. That means there is only one player on the capturing team with other weapons. All the teammates on the capturing team are in jail, so the only weapons they have are the shield gun and the Assault Rifle. When weapons gets transferred from the capturing team to the captured team, should the one person's weapons get replicated to each member of the captured team, or should just one player on the captured receive them?

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Yeah, I'd say make copies of the weapon so all the captured team can get it. (BTW, be careful with use of the word 'replicated' around unrealscript :)

The same thing should happen with different numbers, eg:

Code:
Here's a pretend rosta of two teams:

Capturing           Captured
A: minigun          1: gets minigun
B: shock            2: gets shock
C: bio              3: gets bio
D: was in jail      4: *gets bio*

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
mdavis said:
Quick question. Lets say in a 4v4 match, there is only one player left on each team. One team gets sent to jail and executed. That means there is only one player on the capturing team with other weapons. All the teammates on the capturing team are in jail, so the only weapons they have are the shield gun and the Assault Rifle. When weapons gets transferred from the capturing team to the captured team, should the one person's weapons get replicated to each member of the captured team, or should just one player on the captured receive them?
I think the weaps should be given to the player of the winning team with less frags. If there were 2 capturing players left, they go to the 2 captured players with less frags and so on... ;)

However, I just figured out the capturing team will be able to throw all their weapons in the couple of seconds it takes the last captured player to spawn in jail... :hmm: IMO weapon throwing should be disallowed with this option...

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
G.Lecter said:
weapon throwing should be disallowed with this option...

I agree, but is that possible?

If not, you could guard against this by spawning a fake piece of inventory for each player, that tracks their best weapon at all times.