[UT99] Anyone played JB-XC-{dFb}-X-Mas-2012 ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GEx.ut

GEx
Oct 7, 2013
Kaunas, Lithuania
If there's anyone from ut99.org, there was this 2012 XMAS contest there, where one clan member made a JB map. I just want to know what do you think of {dfb}MattMan's work?

full pack here:
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/2012-xmas-mapping-contest

The map itself:
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Maps/Jailbreak/&file=JB-XC-{dFb}-X-Mas-2012.zip
xscreenshot2.png

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
For a weekend event it's fun, not for regular fights.
JB-XC-{dFb}-X-Mas-2012 is very simple therefore we cannot debate long time on it.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Oh, I bet there were extended debates on CTF-AndAction - and that basically is just a subtracted cube with two flags and a few player starts.
Is the only thing you have found to launch debate on JB-XC-{dFb}-X-Mas-2012 ? :p

Last edited:

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Just tried it out. It's not like it has very good gameplay, but I don't think that is what it was going for. It's a themed gimmick map and as far as providing opportunities for sniping as the readme mentions, yes it achieves that as most Face style maps do :). Unfortunately I couldn't ever get the arena fight to trigger to try out the snowball gun.

As far as constructive criticisms go, I would be very light on it for the same reason as mentioned by BloodyBoy, but:
1. I would make it more possible to see in some of the dark areas, particularly in the blue base/tunnels.
2. There's something that slows framerate down unacceptably in the middle of the map.