JB Mapping

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cryoses

Apr 15, 2009
i used to make maps for ut2k4 and just bought ut3 and want to start mapping again

is there a place where i can get the actor classes for jails, arenas etc

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
If you are wanting to do some hobby mapping for yourself or make some community maps, you'll have to wait until UT3 Jailbreak is released.

However, if you are hoping to get some maps included in the actual Jailbreak release, then post in the recruitment thread. If you have links to 2k4 maps that you have made or even screenshots, that would help. It never hurts to have more mappers, though we do want to make sure we release high quality :)

Cryoses

Apr 15, 2009
sorry never officially released any maps on sites all just used for some fun with friends :D

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
I'm not that great of a mapper myself, so I understand. Fortunately it always seems fun to play in a map with your friends if one of you has made it :)

Keep watching our website, we'll keep you updated on our progress. When the mod is released we should have some decent mapping documentation and some cool maps for you to use as an example.

Cryoses

Apr 15, 2009
already trying out the ut3 editor abit although its kinda harder to learn then the 2k4 version cant even make a single cube atm

i got a nice idea for a jb map and start working on it as soon as i finish it ill call again and place the actor classes i need

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Creating a cube works in the same way as it used to in all the other editors :p

Imagine you are subtracting a cube rather than adding it though. UT3 maps start off with an empty space and you add things to them. You're no doubt used to starting off with solid space, and then carving out of it :)

Cryoses

Apr 15, 2009
i checked out the udn site and got the hang of it now hehe indeed same as other just have to find the right buttons never worked with additive but going to try that now

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Usable layout for Jailbreak?

Edit: This should have been a new thread... sorry....