Dedicated Server problem in UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

g_r_o_b

Jan 29, 2001
Visit site
I've posted this on several other forums and so far haven't gotten any answers.

We have a small 10BT LAN setup at home.. Trying to use my spare laptop as a dedicated server.

PIII 700mhz
256MB
Win2000
patch v436

When we try to connect to the server everything is "jerky" (is pretty much unplayable)
I.E. none of the human players can move (happens at regular intervals". The bots seem to be unaffected. Here is the weird part.
If I run another copy of unreal on the laptop and use it to connect to the server (also running on the laptop) all the jerkiness disappears. The second I disconnet the laptop player from the server the jerkiness comes back. We tried setting up the server on one of the other comps and ran into the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?