Lemons server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why do you play on this server ?

• i like new maps

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • I like new mutators (like IBT)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I like DTAS

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Good ping on it

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Populated server

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Updates frequent

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Admin is sexy

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
Roadstroker: "Forever hunted by his own penis."

it has to do how i got this nick if you wanna read more about it check out WeeD forums :p

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Server updated, i let you check the first post of this thread for infos,
most important is IBT, i would remind that IBT still in beta !
For a couple of minutes i tested IBT, i don't see real changes except the jumps :rolleyes: but im not an expert, i let you debate of it...

With IBT there are problems with New40mm, it can be fixed but i think i still need a file for this which wasn't provided in the zip, so sorry geo you will have to wait a bit :)

Have fun,

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Nukeproof said:
btw: did anybody check "strafe whore no more" for hacks?
One thing sure, SWNM isn't loaded by server (not in muty list) but maybe IBT loads some part of it since the files are required, so i imagine that IBT coder looked at what it loads from SWNM.

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Guys, y'all need to slooow down on the server. Right now it's too much TDM-with-a-flag-and-rare-occasional-cap. Defenders hang out near the flag, Attacker only attack. I'm seeing good games, nice crowds, but too much tdm.

On a side note, there were two DTAS servers occupied for a while tonight, which is a good thing.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
I agree with you Zeep, but it always been like this as far i remember ;)
There's a kind of dtas players that having fun to take all the time needed to do a smart and silent capture but i must admit there are not so many. I ever tried to look more deeply into dtas settings to get more interesting games, also Hara suggested some settings that would be a part of the next server update:
bShowFlagIcons=False
bShowCapture=False

Another point is language used in game, last 2 days the most used was deutsch (90% of the public chat) so even if most people on a server are deutsch, i would ask you to be more respectful for players that can't understand.
Try to use english like i do everyday with you all (and mine isn't perfect at all but i try ;) )
Thanks.

hara

Where's my backup?
Aug 24, 2004
I think not showing FlagIcons and Captures is what Foxhunt does...in a sense. It should work online then. I'm curious what gameplay will be like - but I'm pretty optimistic this might be an interesting thing.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I can't remember exactly, but while planing DTASAL we found out the hard way, that DTAS is not as flexible as it seems (when reading the readme). This includes definitely cap-time, radius, min-players and some more.

In general anything that wasn't "how it's meant to be played" (according to Cleeus and Harper)

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Server updated with New40mm

Online tested few dtas settings and seems to not work correctly as reported...

FlagIcon is for scoreboard, the only way to hide the flag direction is to disable DTAS support into UTCompass, but the flag dir still shown is the tiny compass at the lower left of screen, is there a way to remove it ?

Some settings are rewritten into the ini because they dont match a range, like MinPlayerPerTeam can't be < 3 or PlaceFlagTime cant be > 15

bListFlag seems not to work.

Here is the readme:
Code:
DTAS 1.61

Installation
============

for server admins
- copy the InfilDTAS_1_61.u, InfilDTAS.ini and InfilDTAS_1_61.int into your UT/System directory
- add ServerPackages=InfilDTAS_1_61 to your [Engine.GameEngine] in your Infiltration.ini
- add InfilDTAS_1_61.DTAS to your server command and restart your server or choose InfilDTAS within the WebAdmin

for everyone else
- to use DTAS offline you need the same files, but if you only intend to play online it is better to get the newest version directly from the server so you don't risk version mismatches if the server's version differs from your local

Console commands
================

mutate TASstatus - sends you a reminder about your mission in the current round
mutate DTAShelp - displays a brief help text
mutate RTSMySpawn - displays information about your current spawnpoint (admins will see spawns of both teams)
NOTE: if anything bad happens to any member of your team due to a bad spawnpoint, use this command and relay the information to a server admin or post it in the Inf Forum "New DTAS" thread
mutate iamthechosenone - will tell DTAS that you are interested in being the fox/flag placer 
mutate iamnotworthy - will tell DTAS that you are no longer interested in being the fox/flag placer
NOTE: this won't protect you from becoming the fox/flag placer if all entered the command
mutate DTASFoxOn - enables Fox mode (admin only)
mutate DTASFoxOff - disables Fox mode (admin only)
mutate PlayFox - activate Fox mode
mutate PlayDTAS - activate DTAS mode
mutate DTASBeDefender - sets the team of the admin entering this command to defender, logs him out and restarts the round
mutate DTASBeAttacker - sets the team of the admin entering this command to defender, logs him out and restarts the round

DTAS ini settings
=================

integer values:
PlaceFlagTime: time the flag-placer has to choose a location for spawning the flag (counting from round start in seconds)
CapTime: time the attackers have to stay within capture range to win the round
MaxCapTime: maximal time a capture may take
AttackerTimeDecrease: number of seconds each attacker more than AttackersNeeded will decrease CapTime
DefenderTimeIncrease: number of seconds each defender more than DefendersNeeded will increase CapTime
MinPlayersPerTeam: minimum number of players on each side before DTAS kicks in
AttackersNeeded: minimum number of attackers needed for a successful capture
DefendersNeeded: minimum number of defenders within the CapRadius to prevent a capture

boolean values:
bShowFlare: toggles the creation of a red flare near the flag
bShowFlag: toggles the display of the actual flag
bDebugMode: enables extensive logging
bShowFlagIcons: displays flag icons next to players in scoreboard
bShowInRange: displays "In Range" in HUD if a player is close to the objective
bShowCapture: displays "Capturing" in HUD if player is REALLY capturing
bStrongDefense: enables the hardcore DTAS defense (as long as DefendersNeeded requirement is met no one can capture)
bShowKills: displays kills in scoreboard
bListFlag: toggles UT Compass range display for the flag (note: this will only work with UT compass)
bUseDTASScoreboard: use the new improved DTAS scoreboard
bUseDTASHud: use the new improved DTAS HUD
bUseMapTimes: use the custom map time instead of InfilWeapons.RoundTime
bFoxMode: replaces the TDM part of DTAS with a Foxhunt gamemode
bLastChance: gives the last attacker the possibility to win if he and his former teammate were in range of the objective
bRoundSwitch: toggles whether to switch immediatly between gamemodes or only at end of rounds

float values:
FoxTimeFactor: multiplicator used to reduce round time during fox games
CapRadius: planar radius of the capture cylinder
CapHeight: height of the capture cylinder

RTS ini settings
================

integer values:
StartPointSpacing: room between two players when spawning
LineWidth: players are placed along a line, this sets how man players spawn at each point of it
CubeXYZ: the size of the cubes the map is divided into (don't change this)

boolean values:
bEveryRound: toggles between round based spawn point change and map based changes

float values:
SPPCollisionRadius: radius for the collsion cylinder used for room testing before spawning
SPPCollisionHeight: height for the collsion cylinder used for room testing before spawning
MinThreshHold: minimal distance between both teams when spawning
PercentageOfNearPoints: how many points are considered "near". The enemy team won't spawn at "near" points

The DTAS Gamemode
=================

DTAS stands for "Dynamic Take and Secure" and is a game mode with two teams where one team tries to defend the flag (the defenders) against the other team (the attackers). The "dynamic" in DTAS refers to the use of Random Team Spawn (RTS) to allow a more flexible and varied gameplay.
The primary mission for the attacker is to find and capture the enemy team's flag. They do this by staying within the range of the flag (CapRadius and CapHeight) for a couple of seconds (CapTime). When there are not enough defenders (DefendersNeeded) within the range of the flag the attackers will win if they got enough players in range (AttackersNeeded). Another option for the attackers to win is by killing all defending players, though this is not necessary when they can get to the flag.
The defending team on the other hand must stop the attackers from reaching the flag. They can reach this by killing enough attackers so that they are no longer able to capture (you can disable this with bKillLastAttackers). In addition the attackers won't be able to capture the flag if there are too many defender within range (DefendersNeeded). The attackers will automatically loose if the time limit set for the map is exceeded.
After either side has won a round the roles are reversed.
In the beginning of a new DTAS round, the defender have some time (PlaceFlagTime) to choose a good location for their flag. The defender which is chosen to place the flag is usually the last one who entered the game before the new round started. The player who will spawn the flag will be notified with a different objective message saying that "You will spawn the objective" while everyone else receives a message whether he is attacking or not.

Variable capture times
======================

With version 1.42 some new ini options were introduced.
The most important one is bStrongDefense which toggles between the standard DTAS attack/defense configuration (DefendersNeeded could defend against anything) and a new more dynamic defense approach.
When disabling bStronDefense, some other ini options are used: AttackerTimeDecrease, DefenderTimeIncrease and MaxCapTime.
AttackerTimeDecrease and DefenderTimeIncrease adjusts how much an additional attacker/defender (more than needed) will ease/complicate the capture process. Be aware that there still must be at least AttackersNeeded attackers in the area and there must be fewer defenders, too.
MaxCapTime sets a upper time limit how long a capture process may take.

One example: CapTime=15, AttackersNeeded=2, DefendersNeeded=2, bFixedCapTime=False, AttackerTimeDecrease=10, DefenderTimeIncrease=30, MaxCapTime=25
Imagine there are two defenders in range of the flag. As soon as there are three attackers within the area they will start to capture the flag. They need at least one more soldier against two defender plus they receive a time bonus of 10 seconds because they have one more attacker than AttackersNeeded.
Now another defender enters the objective area. Because there are now more Defenders than DefendersNeeded, they gain a time increase of 30 seconds which would put the capture time to 45 seconds.
The attacker are now unable to capture, first because the capture time exceeds the MaxCapTime and second because they don't dominate the defender anymore.
If another attacker enters the area they would dominate the defenders again and putting the capture time back to 35. However this is still more than the MaxCapTime, so they still don't start capturing.
Only if another attacker enters the area he will put back the capture time to 25 seconds which is good enough for a capture.
Let's summarize this example:
- 2 att/1- def = capture in 15 seconds
- 3 att/2- def = capture in 5 seconds
- 5 att/3 def = capture in 25 seconds
- 7 att/4 def = capture in 25 seconds
- 10 att/5 def = capture in 25 seconds

The Foxhunt gamemode
====================

When enabling bFoxMode in the INI or by using "mutate DTASFoxOn" (DTASFoxOff to disable it again) in game you can activate a new TDM replacement game mode called Foxhunt. Similar to DTAS there is a defending and an attacking team. One member of the defending team becomes "the fox" and must be protected by its team members at all cost because they will automatically loose the round when he dies.
The attacker on the other hand must hunt down the fox. To make this task easier they have a range display about how far they are away of the fox. With proper communication and range comparision, they will be able to locate his exact position and hunt him down.

DTAS HUD
========
In addition to the normal information shown within the HUD for TDM rounds there is some more status information in the bottom left part of the HUD. The compass will show the direction to the flag if there is any and right of it the distance to the flag, along with the remaining time and the status of your mission. The distance to the flag is somewhat inaccurate, but you you will know if you are close enough when the distance changes to "in range".

DTAS scoreboard
===============

The new DTAS scoreboard changes some of the displayed information:
There are 4 columns:
- captures(C): displays the number of captures each individual player participate in
- death(D): the number of death of a player
- objective kills(O): number of objective kills (kills inside the capture radius
- score(S): a score calculated by how well a player does

Scoring takes into account the following situations (all boni are cumulative):
+1 surviving a round
+1 winning the round (everyone)
+1 dying in range
+1 surviving the round in range
+1 kill
+1 last kill
+1 being within 7.5m of a teammate who makes a kill (including the player himself)
+2 preventing a capture attempt as a defender (only once a round)
+1 being close to the fox during Foxhunt on round end
+2 surviving the round as the fox
+2 surviving the round by time as the fox
+2 objective kill
+10 a capture
-3 being living defender outside capture range when flag is captured
-4 teamkill
-4 dying as the fox when other defenders are still alive

DTAS and bots
=============

With the help of Olethros you can now give certain commands to bots which will make them more useful.
When you are attacking and tell your bots to "Go, go, go" they will head for the flag. On defense, you can order them top "Defend" and they will stay close to the flag.

Credits
=======

A big thx to,
Cleeus, Crowze and Yurch for there hard work on DTAS
Khutan for his RandomTeamSpawn
and everyone in the forum who helped with their suggestions and criticism

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
And yes, i found this into DTAS class PostBeginPlay function:

//changes ini setting to DTAS standard for online server

foreach AllActors(class'IpServer.UdpServerUplink', USU) {
if (USU.DoUplink) {
if (MinPlayersPerTeam < 3)
MinPlayersPerTeam = 3;
if (AttackersNeeded > MinPlayersPerTeam)
AttackersNeeded = MinPlayersPerTeam;
if (AttackersNeeded < 2)
AttackersNeeded = 2;
if (DefendersNeeded > MinPlayersPerTeam)
DefendersNeeded = MinPlayersPerTeam;
if (DefendersNeeded < 1)
DefendersNeeded = 1;
if (CapTime > 15)
CapTime = 15;
if (CapTime < 5)
CapTime = 5;
if (PlaceFlagTime > 15)
PlaceFlagTime = 15;
if (MinPlayersPerTeam == 3)
bRoundSwitch = false;
bStrongDefense = true;
CapRadius = 650;
CapHeight = 960;
}
}
saveConfig();

That describes what we can't do online.

Last edited:

hara

Where's my backup?
Aug 24, 2004
Do I read this correctly that it should be possible to hide the flag by deactivating DTAS-support for UTCompass (or turning off UTCompass serverside which I wouldn't like) and removing it from the tiny compass? Well, I have no clue about this whole coding-stuff, but playing Foxmode there is no indicator of the direction the fox is in both compasses...maybe this might be a solution?

Well, I have another problem to announce playing on Lemons:
on some maps I get critical crashes of my INF connecting to the map and leaving the map. The maps are PiggyPie and Dunwich so far (maybe more). The error message looks like the attached files. Anyone an idea what may cause this? Maybe it is connected to the new IBT?

Attachments

• out.jpg
    out.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 12
  • in.jpg
    in.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 12

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
hara said:
Do I read this correctly that it should be possible to hide the flag by deactivating DTAS-support for UTCompass (or turning off UTCompass serverside which I wouldn't like) and removing it from the tiny compass? Well, I have no clue about this whole coding-stuff, but playing Foxmode there is no indicator of the direction the fox is in both compasses...maybe this might be a solution?
In fact, DTAS mutator works with separate code for FoxMode and DTASMode, yes FoxMode doesn't report direction so it is possible to do same for DTAS (everythings possible) but you have to recode/Recompile DTASMode functions without the reports sent to UTCompass. It seems DTAS is not flexible as we would but it could (next release?). Like i don't really understand why they (coders) do not allow some settings values for online games.

hara said:
Well, I have another problem to announce playing on Lemons:
on some maps I get critical crashes of my INF connecting to the map and leaving the map. The maps are PiggyPie and Dunwich so far (maybe more). The error message looks like the attached files. Anyone an idea what may cause this? Maybe it is connected to the new IBT?

unfortunately, i really can't help you for this. I may try to uncache the map files or delete them and reinstall from a zip on a site like Combatmaps (manual install) but im not sure at all it will help...

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Thought so. IBT replaces the player class - anyone remember the same issue with RAv2? There's a workaround (set your playerclass to IBT_CHSoldier in your ini) but it would then crash on non-IBT servers.

Player replacement is not a good idea.