UT3 VCTF-Deployment

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jpaul1985

Name:VCTF-Deployment By http://jaybarnett.net/
Compatibility: MUST HAVE THE LATEST PATCH FOR THE RETAIL VERSION OF UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 IN ORDER TO PLAY THIS MAP!!!!
Description: FACTS FROM JAY BARNETT
Full access granted to vehicles when your flag is taken.
scale the mountains to get to the top of the enemy base.
infiltrate the enemy base from the roof top to become invisible not needing to touch pick-up, but to just drop in enemy base from the infiltrating vents.

Issues known:
-invisibility for base works for both teams but is only supposed to work for the opposing team.
-Invisibility randomly and sometimes does not work properly when it is given to an actor/player.
Example- Player supposed to have 4 invisibility(1 minute_ but only has 3, also invisibility is skipped while player is using it)
-need to place ladder volumes where needed.
-need to get emitters running where needed.
-sound effects and level music must be added
-submarines have no collision
-needs radar
-tank blocking volume should be added over cover spots in front of each base(tanks tend to get caught onto them during the deployment.
-AI pathing not added, currently the map is only for human players
-rediculous Frames Per Second hopefully its just my computer, its been a long time since i updated my RAM.
-map was not cooked due to editor crashes while making attempts to cook it (this could be one of the reasons why the map does not run well).
-Lighting needs to be redone, I feel that the map could be lit better.

jpaul1985

Hi,

With so much issues mentioned in your first post, is this a Alpha, Beta or a RC Candidate map ?

this is just the 1st BETA version, i posted it as a beta here
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=701953

but Epic games banned me for some fucced up **** i did so i cant update dat shyt no more

but i think the probs wit da map is just little and all and they most deffinitely dont hinder the map from being played nah mean kid? there aint no bots support in dis but if maybe 16 ppl can play and tell me wut bugs it got dat would be fiya, but till then ill just be working on my Maya **** and my other VCTF map i started on back in august 2008 you digg?

yo you made dis shyt rite here son?
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=666785

yo word iz born dat wus a good move home boy i downloaded a **** load of maps and played all them DM maps das crack wut you did man really good **** and good looking out for the ones who made **** and tried to get they **** recognized you feel me Steve?

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Hey dude :)

After I post here, I look at Epic forums in the beta thread to notice that I already add your map in my list from Epic forums lol I add so much maps in this list that sometime I just forget it's the same map on others forums lol

So, I presume you would prefer I change the map link from Epic to BU instead in my list ?

I maintain this list for the community & if I must change the info for whatever reason, I'll do it. Anyway, it's to make your maps know by the community in the first place :)

yo word iz born dat wus a good move home boy i downloaded a **** load of maps and played all them DM maps das crack wut you did man really good **** and good looking out for the ones who made **** and tried to get they **** recognized you feel me Steve?

Heu... nope, I don't really understand what your saying lol Sorry.

Well yeah, I understand you call me son but it's not a good name, I'm old enough to be call "your uncle" lol So it's me to call you son :p

jpaul1985

Hey dude :)

After I post here, I look at Epic forums in the beta thread to notice that I already add your map in my list from Epic forums lol I add so much maps in this list that sometime I just forget it's the same map on others forums lol

So, I presume you would prefer I change the map link from Epic to BU instead in my list ?

I maintain this list for the community & if I must change the info for whatever reason, I'll do it. Anyway, it's to make your maps know by the community in the first place :)

Heu... nope, I don't really understand what your saying lol Sorry.

Well yeah, I understand you call me son but it's not a good name, I'm old enough to be call "your uncle" lol So it's me to call you son :p

well if you wanna go and change the link to BU das cool if its not too stressful for you, i would rather you do that cus ill be keeping this one updated since im not welcome to epic no more, oh well and im sorry if i offended you wit ma way i type i didnt know you were older if you really are and plus i dont know you so rilly man ma bad. I apologize:(

jpaul1985

Last edited:

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
well if you wanna go and change the link to BU das cool if its not too stressful for you, i would rather you do that cus ill be keeping this one updated since im not welcome to epic no more, oh well and im sorry if i offended you wit ma way i type i didnt know you were older if you really are and plus i dont know you so rilly man ma bad. I apologize:(

It's done dude. The link will redirect here instead of Epic ;)

Don't worry, you didn't offend at all. No need to apologies son :p lol

But I can't resist to tell ya....................but you never know with who your talking to on this Internet so first, stay cool & polite & you'll have a ton of "nice virtuals friends" :D Even 37 years uncles like me or even "grand-pa Badaboum" a friend of mine :)

Chaow mate

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Mr. Steve LOLLL

Hey dude, don't say that folks don't like ya, you jump to fast to conclusion. Maybe you just don't get yourself understand because you just don't explain yourself clearly enough ?

jpaul1985

Mr. Steve LOLLL

Hey dude, don't say that folks don't like ya, you jump to fast to conclusion. Maybe you just don't get yourself understand because you just don't explain yourself clearly enough ?

well its known that they dont someone renamed the tag at the bottom of this thread and its nuttin good about me, so **** it man i just wont say a damn thing maybe that will solve the hating towards me, ill only say **** when i post my next project or some **** that i did in Maya

no biggie, cus if i say sumthin back i know ill get kiked out this forum too and i dont want dat cus i dont meet anyone in real life that into the **** im into peace out "Uncle" Steve . . .. . .

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Whoever wrote this tag will probably have that tag edit privilege removed so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I think the main problem here like Sjosz hinted at is that you are writing your posts like "yo man, check this **** out" or "you gettin me bro?" and etc. If you did an effort and wrote in proper English, you wouldn't get the problems I am certain :)

As for the map, I can't play it right now (Especially if you say the framerate sucks) but from the screenshots and what I was able to make out of them, the lighting seems very bland and without contrast and colours. Perhaps you could work on adding colours other than white ;)

jpaul1985

yeah ill keep your thread in mind but like i said its just a beta release, the updated version will be a lil better . . . . . ... . . thanks for the criticism, comliments, and "insults" :lol: and i dont see why ppl cant play it but ill fix it up when i get some time, good nite every one . . . .

jpaul1985

I can't play it because I'm on a laptop which barely runs the actual game, let alone large maps like Warfare ;)

oh well hopefully you can play some of the smaller maps that dont require so much performance.

yo word iz born when you get enuff money to get a gaming pc, hit me up fo rilz ill build you a nice ass piece of **** that can prolly run any game you put on it, ill do it and im not askin for money i just like to do dat kind of stuff