Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Yeah, Peavey is completely right, you just gotta go in knowing that. I get exactly what I want out of the game because of that and have a lot of fun. :p Same as playing coop Contra, cept that is 20 times harder. D:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Why do people keep comparing this game to resident evil and dead rising? That's like comparing company of heroes to call of duty or something.

The zombies theme is just a superficial setting. What makes L4D fun is the coop and versus mechanics. The need for teamwork and interdependency is exactly why I enjoy it.

It's far from "shooting everything in sight". It's certainly not a good idea to shoot the boomer, and the witch can only be taken down safely in certain circumstances. I'd wager that playing pub infected requires more strategy than a TF2 pub.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Man I bought this thinking it was going to rock, and it did, but only for about a day :( It's too arcade-like, no strategy involved, blow away everything in sight.

When are they gonna make a goddamn zombie game where it's SERIOUS ****. Dead Rising sucked too, it felt like a cartoon. I want a zombie survival horror game that plays like MGS3.

Why do people keep comparing this game to resident evil and dead rising? That's like comparing company of heroes to call of duty or something.

The zombies theme is just a superficial setting. What makes L4D fun is the coop and versus mechanics. The need for teamwork and interdependency is exactly why I enjoy it.

It's far from "shooting everything in sight". It's certainly not a good idea to shoot the boomer, and the witch can only be taken down safely in certain circumstances. I'd wager that playing pub infected requires more strategy than a TF2 pub.

Yeah, sounds like you thought the game was something different than what it is.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I'd wager that playing pub infected requires more strategy than a TF2 pub.

Probably requires a lot more patience too...

EDIT: Haven't actually played the game yet, but any game which requires communication / coordination... in a pub environment? :lol:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I really don't think this game is a pub game, and I think some of that was on purpose. The friend lists and all the other features of steam work so well you can get along just fine playing it with your friends. It's part of the appeal. Everyone is playing it so much you just feel left out if you don't have the game.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I didn't have very high expectations for this, but I ended up liking it much more than I thought. I have only played maybe 5 campaigns online and I already have many funny memories of the good and bad groups I have been with. Even though its the same levels over and over I still have fun every time. All the weapons are fun to shoot, too.

Best MP shooter I have seen in a while.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So I canceled my WoW account.

cryingorcnf2.jpg

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California

**** that. They screwed it up so bad, I can't even explain. The PVP and PVE is laughable and predictable. The new content patch sounds boring. Who cares if it's harder? The game is all about putting new faces on the premise of, "Staying out of the fire."

Now I get to kill zombies.