Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Oh come on, battles like they came out of Final Fantasy 6 vs generic flying man shooting generic blasts out of his hands fighting a super-generic bad guy?

Jus' sayin...

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Oh come on, battles like they came out of Final Fantasy 6 vs generic flying man shooting generic blasts out of his hands fighting a super-generic bad guy?

...Vs generic soldier who works for a generic military guy who then generically falls in love with the daughter of the chief of the native people, and then the two sides have a big, generic fight at the end.

...with the native people predictably winning.

Like I said before, at least Iron Man was a fun movie, even if it wasn't very original.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Red Eye-6/10

Pretty average thriller that I have now seen a second time. The whole race towards a finale is a bit tired.........
it probably would have been better if the whole story between the two main characters had taken place on the plane and just cutting away to incidental characters on the ground;
in my opinion.

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Zombieland - 9/10

I saw it before, but I was drunk and didn't pay any attention. Watched it again day before yesterday and it's amazing. Bill Murray was awesome! Would get a 10 outta 10 if it wasn't for Columbus being the dude from Superbad. Emma Stone rocks my socks. The end.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Red Eye-6/10

Pretty average thriller that I have now seen a second time. The whole race towards a finale is a bit tired.........
it probably would have been better if the whole story between the two main characters had taken place on the plane and just cutting away to incidental characters on the ground;
in my opinion.

You, sir, are correct. It starts off so freaking well. It has a feel of a romantic comedy and when the veil comes off the reaction and power struggle between the two is absolutely amazing. It was some truly great acting and very clever writing and solid directing. As soon as they get off the plane and that whole silly been-there-before over the top action slasher bullcrap kicks in, the movie is nothing but downhill. Oh well, it's still an amazing 2/3 of a movie.

Last movie I saw was Despicable Me: B+ -- Surprisingly funny and obviously filled adorable moments. I laughed way more at this than I thought I would and the obvious heart warming moments didn't feel cloying or forced. For a non-pixar animated flick, it was freakishly good. This year it's a pretty good match up between Toy Story 3, How to Train Your Dragon and this. Definitely worth a see.

~Jason

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Inception - 9/10

I could write an essay on this movie but let's just say it lives up to expectation and what a mind f*ck it is. This is a multi-threaded movie done right. :tup:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Inception - 9/10

I could write an essay on this movie but let's just say it lives up to expectation and what a mind f*ck it is. This is a multi-threaded movie done right. :tup:

I'm glad to see the first Inception comment on here and even more glad that it's positive. I think I listened to your opinion on movies before. Going to the cinema tomorrow to go watch Predators and Inception after that. Pretty stoked about it now. :)

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
Having to wait a week longer than everyone else for Inception makes me jealous!

Repo Men: 6/10
The first half of the movie was very entertaining, Jude Law and Forest Whitaker are great together. But the other half got really boring. I kinda liked the hallway fighting scene heavily inspired from Oldboy though!

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Or so I thought. Friend who I always go to cinema with got sick at the end of Predators, so Inception got a raincheck. :(

Predators 7/10 (for what it is)
Sure, it's a popcorn movie and it's totally part of the Predator franchise. Nods to earlier movies are there, and so is a decent amount of action. There's a lot of walking through the jungle, and characters turned out to be mildly more explained than I thought they would. Some nice touches, but overall not something you'd go and see because you appreciate good writing or plot. Predator fans will like it though.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Star Trek V 5.5/10

Better than I remember (and what I remember is the camp fire singalong). Second time round, I get the importance of the scene rather more but still consider the first half hour of this film as seriously misjudged. This is the fifth cinematic instalment from a very well-known TV series. We don't need Introduction to the Three Main Characters and the Importance of the Relationship Between Them 101.

Once matters get off Earth things get better. There's some decent action on Tattoine followed by the usual long journey to a mystery.

Dave Warner is woefully underused (just as well I suppose, given his prominent role in No. VI). The special effects seemed like a throwback to a 1960s big-budget film. Sybok's power and the central mystery are never explained.

PeterVenkman

May 12, 2008
Southern California
Inception - 9.5/10

This movie blew my mind in like 12 different ways. Although it seems fairly straightforward after a second viewing, I just can't stop thinking about it. Big ideas, attention to detail, amazing action sequences and very well acted. Something that original and entertaining is actually kind of inspiring.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Star Trek VI 8/10

What a pity they only managed to make the best of the original cast outings with the last entry in the series.

Marvellously over-the-top Shakespeare- and Conon Doyle-peppered dialogue, decent enough special effects and action, humour and a plot that wasn't derivative of some series episode (and had some topicality at the time of release). What's not to like?

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Inception - 9.5/10

Holy freakin crap..... What an amazing film! I seriously cannot nit pick about anything that went on in this movie. The story was awesome and very well executed. The acting was super-b. The action was great, and the mentality of it was just insane. What a mind F*ck!

I didn't give it a 10/10 because I was a little lost at the beginning. Somethings just weren't making sense.

If you're iffy about seeing this movie, don't be. You won't regret it. Best movie of the year IMO.

Star Trek VI 8/10

What a pity they only managed to make the best of the original cast outings with the last entry in the series.

Marvellously over-the-top Shakespeare- and Conon Doyle-peppered dialogue, decent enough special effects and action, humour and a plot that wasn't derivative of some series episode (and had some topicality at the time of release). What's not to like?

Completely agree.

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
Taking of Pelham 123: 8.7/10

Best of the 4 movies i picked up last wednesday. The acting was good, some soft action...overall it was worth watching. I missed some explosions here and there but anyway.

Planet Terror: 8.5/10

I like any movie that have Tarantino's touch in it. The oldschool style of the movie was perfect, the history had this typical trash zombie style, lots of gore, just great.

Pandorum: 7.5/10

Expected more of this one. Everything felt very cliché throughout the whole movie, the screenplay got very wacky at some moments, it wasn't able to carry the tension along very well, and the ending was kinda lame in my opinion

Burn After reading: 5/10

I regret watching this movie. I think 5 is lowest i'd rate any movie, unless i think the movie wasn't even worth making, so there goes my 5. By the end of this one i was still wondering what this whole thing was all about. Boring movie.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure 6/10

Mildly amusing one-joke film. Although some of the hair has dated badly, the rest stands the test of time (sorry!) fairly well.

I always find it hard to enjoy celebrations of stupidity but this does a fairly good job of winning me over.

Inception 9.5/10 (wasn't long enough)

So this movie is absolutly brilliant. One of the better movies I've seen in a very long time. It was very well thought out, the script was amazing as was the acting. I didn't have a hard time following it all. I don't think many people did, so it was done good I think.

I gotta say the special effects and action sequences were like whoa dude. The whole mirror'd city part, I was like whoa. And it looked great. Not CGI crap at all like most movies where you can tell. So I was really impressed by that.

If you want to see this at ALL, then I would highly suggest it. I really really liked it and may see it a second time.

SPOILER!!!

So for those that have seen it,

Do you think he was stuck in a dream or real life? I thought in the middle of the movie he said that his totem wouldn't spin in the real world. Throughout the film he tests it, but I either forgot that IRL the top spins or doesn't. There was one scene in the bathroom before the gets attacked that he tries to use the top but it falls over (being IRL?) They didnt' really explain what happend once he was inside dream 4 depth with his wife. He went chasing after that guy. But when he woke up, every one else was awake, including that other guy he was chasing. Now if I'm correct, that would have been about 45 years dream time (or more since he was in 4 layers of dream). But the dude he was chasing was awake before Leo did. Also, they never showed what happend to the top at the end. I assumed he was in a dream, possibly fabricated by the girl. But then they show their faces, so I really don't know. I'll have to look online to see what others are saying.

Go see it.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Inception 9.5/10 (wasn't long enough)

So this movie is absolutly brilliant...

I gotta say the special effects...

If you want to see this at ALL, then I would highly suggest it. I really really liked it and may see it a second time.

SPOILER!!!

So for those that have seen it... /SPOILER]

Go see it.
Yeah, it's easily the best movie I've seen in a while, and I'm really picky about movies I go and watch in theaters. I don't agree with the special effects though, plenty of it looked fakey and like a bunch of CGI, but that didn't really change the movie for me and wouldn't effect the score I'd give it.

Another thing I noticed were a lot of plot holes, or maybe not exactly all of them plot holes, but just fallacies. A bunch of them were expected from this kind of movie though. Especially one about dreams, it'd be hard to make it perfectly reasonable.

And about the...
...ending. I think it's pretty obvious that it was supposed to be real life, I personally think they just threw that scene in there to give people something to talk or think about so the movie wouldn't be forgotten right away. Also if that scene wasn't there it would just be like a generic cheesy happy ending.

8/10 or more from me... can't really tell yet. A bunch of movies I've rated in this thread I end up lowering the score after a couple months. I guess I can't really judge correctly when caught up in the hype and coolness of new movies, or the originality too in this case. Well, sort of original.

Last edited: