Anubis Project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalid

Hater of the "ur" o_O
Apr 8, 2004
Maybe... that or confuse the modeler more. They are a related topic.. but I like my anubis better. ^_~ I don't want it to look too much like the UC2 Guy. :D

Nalid

Hater of the "ur" o_O
Apr 8, 2004
Ok... finnaly scanned it. Sorry for the wait. I took most of the peices into diagram..as detailed as I could on one sheet of paper, so I hope it helps. Also, Slaughter, if your still modeling this... The actual PSP file I have of it is about 10X that size, so I can send it to you aswell if you need it.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v426/Nalid/?action=view&current=AnubisDiagramSmalldark.jpg

Hell... if we get it right.. we might could enter it in the Make Something Unreal Contest. ^_~ .. Use the diagram and the earlier image, though if there is a discrepency between the two, use the actual picture image as the justifier. It being like the Picture is #1 priority, so if something is slightly off in the diagrams, and you think you could make it more like the picture, you would rock my world. Also, the very, bottom most part of the page was cut off by the twice damned scanner, but nothing important was clipped. I hope that helps out. Send some feedback as soon as you can, and if there is any way I can further help, let me know. ^_^

Mr.Wigglez

Wiggle With Me!
Jul 14, 2004
holy mother of pearl that is so awesome dude u gotta make this one, u can draw hella good.

Nalid

Hater of the "ur" o_O
Apr 8, 2004
Good times.. I'm glad that helps out, and damn if I'm not excited about see'ing your progress Slaughter.... if there are any of those peices you want me to go into more detail on, or any other questions, by all means please ask..

Crap I almost forgot... I had an important question for you reguarding the waist wrap on the model. I left it very short in the diagram page if you notice.. becuase I was not sure (I know nothing of the model editor) if having it long would result in clipping, or if it would be too hard to animate. I had an awsome idea, but I'm not sure if its possible, so I wanted to get your expert opinion.

You know they effect that the CTF flags have? How they kinda flap and change directions depenting on how the carrier moves, resulting in a very dynamic cloth feel? Is there any way to apply that to a model? Having that waste wrap whipping around behind it as it runs, jumps and frags would be much in the way of wicked, but again I was not sure if it was even possible.

Let me know when you can. ^_^

~Nalid

Zenodey

Formally known as mutt
Sep 25, 2004
arm HURTS

:( yes i've done it i have colored the PAINFUL anubis if u want too see it nalid of course if u got msn instant messanger? :(

Nalid

Hater of the "ur" o_O
Apr 8, 2004
I don't mean to be a greedy bastard Slaughter... but I'm excited as hell.. and chance of getting a glimps of whats been done so far?

Also, did you catch my question about the hanging fabric? I know this thread jumped to its second page an might have been missed.

Slaughter

exsomnis
Feb 16, 2004
Germany
slaughter.jimdo.com
Indeed. :lol:

The fabric won´t move at all...sadly.
As far as I know Flags are animated and have about 8 Bones to move that way.And yes you´re right about the clipping.I could try but i guess it would still look too static.
We can cut off the lower part so it´s reaching to the knees...it´ll work properly then. :)

I´ll be away from my computer for the next week->Job.But i´ll take the concepts with me and start modeling.

cu next friday :)

Zenodey

Formally known as mutt
Sep 25, 2004
Here is my atempt. to skin it tell me what you guys think :rolleyes: :404: :y5:

Attachments

• AnubisSmall1 color atemp past.jpg
    AnubisSmall1 color atemp past.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 95

Zenodey

Formally known as mutt
Sep 25, 2004
and heres the more futuristic 1 hope u like 'em red team skin :)

Attachments

• AnubisSmall1 color atemp. 5.1.jpg
    AnubisSmall1 color atemp. 5.1.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 72

Guan_Di

One min. ur safe, the next ur respawnin
Sep 27, 2004
USA
Nalid said:
Aye, Anubis was the Jackal headed god of Death, the Dead, and the Underworld... Bast, or Bastet the cat headed daughter of Ra.. who made sure the Sun rose and fell every day.

<Grins>

Always was a huge Egyptology nut.^_~

As far as they go though. they are varied.. with special powers... unique looks... rich histories.. So they make perfect game characters. :D

Though in this universe, this Anubis would probably be an Uber high guard, or Justicar of the Unreal Egyptian society. We already know they smile upon this... since there is already an Anubis model planned for Unreal Championship 2.

^_^

yea but osiris was the king of the dead

i think

Nalid

Hater of the "ur" o_O
Apr 8, 2004
Guan_Di said:
yea but osiris was the king of the dead

i think

Yeah your right, but many gods shared roles in somethings.. and both Osirus and Anubis had roles pertaining to egyptian afterlife. Osirus was the greater god though in the pantheon.. (Even if he did get cut into peices and tossed into a river >_<)

Good call! ;)

Zenodey

Formally known as mutt
Sep 25, 2004
Nalid said:
Yeah your right, but many gods shared roles in somethings.. and both Osirus and Anubis had roles pertaining to egyptian afterlife. Osirus was the greater god though in the pantheon.. (Even if he did get cut into peices and tossed into a river >_<)

Good call! ;)

Tough he was never the same again,but come on he was fed to crocs :lol:

The Helios

Keeper of the Ancient Ones
Apr 17, 2004
Impressive, Mutt, I want to see this on UEngine. The model looks great (and I can imagine some great battle scenes and taunts :lol: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.