where do you play during the week

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rollo Tomasi

Hit K Dirt with Pay Dirt
Dec 9, 2004
washington dc suburbs
ALG said:
Purg, frac, used to play on dallas is a dry lobster for AS.

Where I see buddies mostly. :)

ALG, any reason you don't frequent the lobster anymore?

I like playing on various Invasion servers, on the disatrous consequences server there is also an RPG mod on there so you can build up a character as you play....i feel it also gives me time to work on parts of my game that I dont' get to work on in other gametypes....

also any of the sniper servers are a nice change from DM/TDM/TAM...you never know when you're going to have you're head split open!!!

EDIT: WOOT for the East Coast!!

ALG

Gallardo
Jul 26, 2005
WI, with the other pro gamers
Rollo Tomasi said:
ALG, any reason you don't frequent the lobster anymore?

Actually, it's more like a battery of reasons.

1. It's empty alot of the time.
2. After the organization and teamwork of AS matches it feels like an empty AS experience.
3. The skill level isn't usually very challenging for me (as opposed to TDM servers or servers where I have better people in buddies).
4. My friends and clan members tend to favor other server.
5. I hate to sound like an elitist pro hitscan lol player, but with 8 players per team there is alot of random spammage that can drive me nuts at times, and lots of crowding.

Now I don't really hate all these things, and I do put in the occasional appearence which I usually find enjoyable, but these are the reasons I don't play there exclusively anymore.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
It might. I don't have a Photoshop installation handy right now (I'm at school) so I'll have to check later.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I never see peeps on the Lobster anymore... Man it's sad though, how few good servers there are out there.

The fact that I recognize, and have played on every server mentioned in this thread...

...and newnet has even driven me away from everyone of them.

Even if I liked those gametypes better... good thing I don't. Though I really do miss TDM with flags.

:lol: seconded.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
-AEnubis- said:
I never see peeps on the Lobster anymore... Man it's sad though, how few good servers there are out there.

The fact that I recognize, and have played on every server mentioned in this thread...

...and newnet has even driven me away from everyone of them.

Man, its been a long time since I've played on the lobster (or any pub really.) DO they have UTcomp on there now? :(