New UT conversion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr. Know

Feb 22, 2000
Hey everyone!! I want to create a realistic WWII Unreal Tournament conversion. This is a giant undertaking and I need lots of help. I need people with 3d experience, programing, and anything else we will need to do a total conversion.

I have no experience at all with editing 3d shooters, so I will just be the project leader.

Think of this conversion as a mix of A Thin Red Line and Team Fortress.

Everyone (and plain Infantry) can get a Colt .45, a field knife, grenades, and a M1 Garand or an M1 Carbine.

Assault troops can have the weapons I mentioned before plus a Thompson M1A1 or a BAR M1918.

Snipers can put a scope on a M1 Garand

Heavy assault can have a flame thrower or a 2.36 in Bazooka.

Etc...

I NEED help so just email me if you want more info.

Dr. Know

FatAsss

Jan 26, 2000
Visit site
good luck,
sounds like a great idea, for you that is.
you have noidea how to do anything so you become a project leader and recruit, meanwhile you get all the credit.
if you are serious i suggest you actually make something to your mod.
try unreal.epicgames.com it has some good info on mod making, and how to do it right

Dr. Know

Feb 22, 2000
well, I am on a mac, and as far as I know there is no way to edit UT on a mac yet. I do not plan to take all the credit. I will say I was the project leader and then list the other people who helped in the different ways...or we may just start a MOD guild. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Dr. Know

Renegadeg3@hotmail.co
http://www.sover.net/~cox/iceberg.html

Dr. Know

Feb 22, 2000
well, I am on a mac, and as far as I know there is no way to edit UT on a mac yet. I do not plan to take all the credit. I will say I was the project leader and then list the other people who helped in the different ways...or we may just start a MOD guild. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Dr. Know

Renegadeg3@hotmail.com
http://www.sover.net/~cox/iceberg.html

Dr. Know

Feb 22, 2000
No it won't (your talking about unreal.epicgames.com, right?), and I didnt mean to post twice, sorry

Dr. Know

FatAsss

Jan 26, 2000
Visit site
i am aware of the following things availible for macs, to edit stuff for unreal.
photoshop-textures
pixels3dstudio- a free 3dmodeler
souneffects- an excellent sound editor
and virtual pc, to emulate unrealed

Dr. Know

Feb 22, 2000
Yea, I have photoshop, Pixels3d has a free demo, but you cant do a final render or if you do a Pre Render you get a big red X through it /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. Is Sound Effects free? I don't have a whole lot of money at the moment, and I do not have VPC, but I am thinking of getting it.

Dr.

Dr. Know

Feb 22, 2000
Yea, I have photoshop, Pixels3d has a free demo, but you cant do a final render or if you do a Pre Render you get a big red X through it /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. Is Sound Effects free? I don't have a whole lot of money at the moment, and I do not have VPC, but I am thinking of getting it.

Dr.

FatAsss

Jan 26, 2000
Visit site
the way you get pixels 3d studio is by downloading the demo and then you tell them the code written on it and they send you the reg code, all for free,
it's a very good modeler