Gunner doesn't have a gun?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anathema-

...because we're NOT free
Oct 19, 2003
The juice is kinda weird. I think it dissapates after a little while, and you have to lay down quite a bit for an instakill, but it does work. I've fell for it myself a time or two (it's a lot harder to see then a mine and takes no energy).

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
been discussing this with a lot of gamers on offworld,gunner with a minigun would be awesome,for balancing it,a minigun is easily overheated and doesn't have a lot of accuracy+ ammo is easily depleted,balance enough for ya? and if you want more balancing give the sniper a railgun and the tech assault shotgun all three of them the same extras :D

Last edited:

Johnson_Befuddle

Feb 2, 2004
ttl said:
A gunner by one definition is an "artillery soldier", if you dont know what they are one site I found quickly was http://www.army.dnd.ca/20FIELD_ARTILLERY/artillery_soldier.htm thus I do think the Gunner class in XMP has an appropriate name.

Thanks, that clears the naming up very well indeed. I was unaware that "Artillery Soldiers" are known as "Gunners".

Now how about the idea of a scope on the rocket launcher for those big CBP maps where the players are so darn small and the homing won't lock in?

._.

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
Off world is low G, and since you play low G let me let you in on a secret.

Gunner pwns LG, boost dodge jump, and flame at the ground behind you, its more sick than concusion jumps.

Anathema is totaly right, giving the gunner a hit scan, especialy a high ROF one would totatly throw his balance off. The flame thrower should only be used when you dont have to aim. IE in tight corridors just spam the crap all over the place cause you don't have to aim much left or right you can cover it all.

As for the large maps, well the gunner is a close range combat person, if you give him a scope then he is broken. So how about you give him a scope, and the ranger a heavy weapon for up close combate... or wait then we fuxor the balance of the game up.

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
I do agree that the flame thrower makes it hard to see what you are doing, but its fun none the less.

You just have to time your shooting right.. a burst straight on an enemy hurts a lot.. and he wont be able to see you for a while so you can get off another burst...

I made so many frags by "hacking" just for the "beep-beep" then someone comes to you because they think its easy hacking prey..

and WHOOOSH!! BURN!! MUAHAHAHA

anyways.. you cant do that with a minigun/chaingun (whatever)

and btw.. what is hitscan?

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
Demo_Boy said:
Giving him a ranged hitscan weapon would buff him vs Rangers, which is supposed to be his ideal predator.

Word. Gunners should remain as crap as they are, so I can continue owning them from long distance. Stupid fat gunners...

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
Hitscan weapons require aim, and can only hit if you are exactly on target, and the bullets have no splash damage... A la ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.