Well look who's back.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
yurch said:
Question: is it necessary to see the first series-thing in order to fully enjoy this?

(no, "to see how much less it sucks" is not a valid answer)

I don't think it's necessary, but you should definitely see it anyway.
The first OVA episode is basically a resume of what has happened in the beginning of the first series, with some additions and changes. :)

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
The OVAs follow directly along the lines of the manga, whereas the TV series kind of goes off on a tangent. The new series is pretty much a replacement of the old one, but don't let that stop you seeking out the old one, it's not bad. From what I've seen so far the OVA is much better, though.

And of course because this is a straight-to-video thing, there's no crappy TV censorage, so tons more blood and gore. Always fun.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
I have seen the "original" series, and must say that I prefer it. I tried watching the first episode of the new one, and I just couldn't. It looks like it should be better, but the art style just makes me die a little inside. Alucard seems more like a child molester than before, and all the annoying screaming from Seras.

Maybe it won't be so bad if/when a dub is released, but I shall pass on it until such a date.

DISCLAIMER: I have never even taken a look at the comic book form.

Last edited:

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
It saddens me that while Hellsing and other popular anime & manga get their OVAs and follow up seasons Get Backers is left out uncontinued. :(

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Aww sheet it's good.
I cant wait for the next OVA. This is quality!
I am realy currious about the first series now. I hope it is at least half as good.

Archon

I posted in the RO-me thread and all I got was a p
Jan 9, 2005
(.)(.)
EndlessInfinity said:
In regards to subtitles, I know if you view it with VMC player, you should be able to toggle on subtitles. A possibility anyways.

Don't you mean VLC Media Player?

W0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t...
sw33t