the game you hate?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vers Vlees

Oohhh a custom title
Nov 30, 2002
The Netherlands
www.versvlees.owns.it
the_rex said:
Counter Strike... hate to play it and when @ LAN parties alot of the people are just "ZOOM OMG CS NOW N00B I AVP whore you hahah this is fun" types
Ha booh hooh
OMG I SHOOT HEEL AVP YOU DIE MUAHAHAHA!!!
This is so realistic ah ah ah

Sorry :(

Oh god CS. I used to like the game it was one of the reasons I bought half life. (Altough I always wanted to play the singleplayer). Then I met the community which is rotten to the bone so I quickly switched to other Half life mods.
the game it self isnt bad its only the majority of the people playing it are turds and worst of all they switched over to other mods too

Meroin

[b]Hello![/b]
Aug 14, 2005
Right behind you.
Can't decide between Halo (1+2) and World of Warcraft.

Wow:
-Cost me $70 dollars overall.
-Terrible Graphics.
-Copy off of EQ, which I had installed already.
-Everyone playing it was a newbie to MMOs.
-No LFG system.
+It had a mail system where I could email random people funny things.

Halo:
-Almost Ruined FPS games as we know it.
-1 had terrible storyline and no online MP (It's really an FPS?)
-2 Had terrible Multiplayer.
-They were the same game, except you can hold two weapons in one.
-Refuses to come out for the best game system (PC, halo 2 that is).
-Most playing it were newbies to FPSs.
-Barely skill involved in MP.
-Xbox 1 controllers sucked. (360 is great, though.)
+It's fun exploiting glitches in SP?

Halo wins the worst game ever award, for me. Good fight though.

EDIT: First post milestone. (100)

Vers Vlees

Oohhh a custom title
Nov 30, 2002
The Netherlands
www.versvlees.owns.it
I dont think both HALO games werent that bad. The COOP mode was fun and I wished more games had it.
But personally I think the HALO games are a bit overrated.
Which brings to a another bad game thing: ****ty Console to PC ports

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Dungeon Siege. I have played Diablo II over, and over, and over again, and yet I find DS boring because it's an incredibly tedious click-fest.

What makes DS boring and Diablo addictive I don't know, but it probably has something to do with the fact that DS frequently forces your characters to stand in a circle and then get raped from all sides by way of cutscenes where control of 'your' party is taken out of your hands (*edit* I'm not talking about a circle formation, by the way, I'm talking about a circle. The wizards don't stand in the middle of the warriors, they just stand in a line, get engaged in melee combat and get promptly buggered.)

Would Total War games have been better if at the start of every battle you got to watch your army march to the bottom of the lowest hill for no reason? Would beat-em-ups be more fun if your character started out by turning their back, grabbing their ankles and pulling their trousers down? No. So who the hell thought this sh*t would be a good idea in an RPG?

I've no huge objection to monsters spawning from all sides. But no amount of suspension of disbelief is going to make me believe that battle-hardened warriors will, upon seeing a creepy-looking necromancer in the middle of a stone circle that screams "this will become a closed arena and remain so until you kill the guy in the cape", break formation and wander randomly into the middle of said trap.

Honourable mention goes to Deus Ex 2. Deus Ex showed that games could be as thoughtful as a good film, and even some books. Deus Ex 2 showed that the moment that happened and such a game sold bucketloads, someone would come along and make a sequel devoid of absolutely everything that made the original great.

This is possibly a bit unfair as I never played it for very long. Albeit that's because both times I persevered, the game crashed and corrupted my save game.

Last edited:

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Dont really hate any game, but some come close.
GTA3 and VC (**** you fanboys!) I got bored of, and Ninja Gaiden is way too hard. Don't noob crap me, unless you've played every beat-em up in history, you'd struggle too.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
World of Warcraft. God I hate that game because its so damn addicting. I've lost everything because of that game. My girl, my house, my car...hell even my dog left me. He was jealous I played with my WoW pet more than him. I hate the game but can't quit playing.

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
Arx Fatalis had so much potential, but in the end just made me angry. Dungeon Lords was a big waste of time. I agree with sam about Dungeon Siege and Diablo.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
purice: totally know where you're coming from about Arx Fatalis. It's the feel of the game itself that ruined it, I think. You feel like you're skating around in a clumsy cardboard box. I had the damnedest time with the melee system and it just never felt natural or solid.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
I hated true crime: streets of LA it is the worst game Ive ever played it sucks!!
It had the most amazing line up of voice over artists, it had a heap of money invested in it, LA was well built but the camera angle and the lame action full of crappy kung fu missions and the game with a lack of serious anti-aliasing ruined it.