Firefox 1.5 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Version 1.5 of the popular open-source Firefox browser has been released. The first major update since the release of Firefox 1.0 last November, version 1.5 features automatic updates, improved popup blocking, as well as faster back and forward button performance and the ability to re-order browser tabs.

Firefox has been steadily growing in popularity over the past 18 months, with Firefox users now making up well over a third of visitors to the BU main page.

Head over here to pick up Firefox 1.5.

S

spawnkiller1001

hmmm Very Old Update

i have version 1.0.7 is that what you mean ???

Inferny

Apr 4, 2005
Not to say that firefox is the best browser ever, but this is good news, i'm saying that because there are a few other good free web browsers out there like opera, hey, this still rocks tho!

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Ya, it broke a few of my extensions too, luckilly most of them were obsolete anyway (tab dragging etc.)

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
Kantham's avatar ftw.

I mean err. yey firefox!

Opera ain't bad. But until it gets a Javascript Debugger built right into the interface (that I can find/am aware of) and it stops crashing on my computer then maybe I'll look back into it =O

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
Is the final release of 1.5 the same as Firefox 1.5rc3? cos I installed 1.5rc3 weeks ago and now when I try to update it it says there are no new updates available.

When I first installed 1.5 beta it made a mess of my profile and extensions so I deleted my profile folder and all extensions and remade it - which you might have to do if you have problems upgrading from 1.0.x, especially if you made as many customisations as I did

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
I'm not entirely impressed with 1.5. After upgrading, it broke my theme and all but 2 of my extensions, as well as removed all my installed Search Engines. Most of the more useful extensions were able to be updated or are obsolite. Its time for a new theme, and when I try to add a search enging back, I sometimes have to click it 5-6 times before it will install. I'll be sticking with 1.0 for a bit longer on my other machines. Its not worth the hassle of updating just yet.

edit: The search toolbar doesnt seem to be working at all. Anyone else having that problem?

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Well, there were only two things I missed with my install of Firefox 1.5:

1) My Theme (PlastikFox Crystal SVG) broke

2) DownloadThemAll! Broke

However, I just found a new theme that's compatible (BlackJapan) and I absolutely love it. It's sleek and sexy.

Now all I need is a new version of DownloadThemAll! and I'm set. :)

Last edited:

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
Xaero said:
I'm not entirely impressed with 1.5. After upgrading, it broke my theme and all but 2 of my extensions, as well as removed all my installed Search Engines. Most of the more useful extensions were able to be updated or are obsolite. Its time for a new theme, and when I try to add a search enging back, I sometimes have to click it 5-6 times before it will install. I'll be sticking with 1.0 for a bit longer on my other machines. Its not worth the hassle of updating just yet.

edit: The search toolbar doesnt seem to be working at all. Anyone else having that problem?

Yeah I had similar problems when I first installed firefox 1.5rc1. I had to uninstall firefox, delete my whole profile folder, reinstall 1.5 and reinstall all my extensions and then it worked perfectly.