Mirror's Edge PC To Be PhysX Accelerated

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Apathy.

Jan 24, 2008
It's great to know that a game I'm never going to buy will support hardware physics. Especially since modern cpu's can't perform Newtonian physics calculations.

Thanks DP, this is really wonderful news, and has truly brightened my day significantly.

Congrats on wasting your time posting.

The physx drivers gave me a huge improvement in the UT3 maps.. While I don't really care too much about them, I think it would be cool to see the effects in game.

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
Wow, ATI fanboys alert! Seriously, I haven't seen such negativism in a long time. Maybe the people saying this isn't worth it and pointless should watch the videos. It changes the game in a very good way and I think every game in 2009 should use PhysX regardless of what brand video card the end user has.

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
Well fancy that. Looks like I need to come out of my map-cave more often, I'd assumed it was Dice's own >.<

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
There has been rumours of nVidia programming a version for ATI's GPGPU in order to kick Intel down a lil' bit. Given nVidia's past I'd assume it quite likely actually...
They aren't rumors, it's a fact. It started as a fan project from an israel guy that even managed to get physix calculation to work on a Radeon HD 3870 quite well (enough to finish a 3d mark vantage with a score of 22.000 or something). Eventually he asked for help and nvidia invited him to join their registered developers program, and even AMD provided him with the documentation he asked for.

Haven't heard any news about this project since july though...

NitrousUser

[BuF]JinxyBoi
Apr 23, 2004
Houston, TX
www.super-magic.com
Wow, ATI fanboys alert! Seriously, I haven't seen such negativism in a long time. Maybe the people saying this isn't worth it and pointless should watch the videos. It changes the game in a very good way and I think every game in 2009 should use PhysX regardless of what brand video card the end user has.

The fanboys aren't being negative. We're just being the ones who think it's cool and wish we could enjoy it too without having to resort to buying an additional specific brand of anything. :hmm:

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
I hope when they said "guns are useless" in this game they didn't mean we should be killing with glass-only ;)

Grasshopper

Jan 21, 2008
Upstate NY
I don't think I'll invest in another EA game. Their support is pretty lame. Crysis isn't that old and the forums are dead. You can't even post on them anymore. Then there is "secuROM" to deal with. Not a very user friendly company. They are so concerned with pirating, they make it hard for paying customers.

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
I do quite like the physx (see what I did there? ;))

they're puuuuurdy

btw, anyone know what song that is in the trailer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
It's "Still Alive" by Lisa Mikovsky. It's either the original mix or the Junkie XL remix. There's a whole remix cd of the song and it's awesoooome.

ahhh one of THOSE songs. Reminds me of "silence" by delerium; that song's had at least 12 remixes if not a lot more. Feels like every year we get new remixes :lol:

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
They aren't rumors, it's a fact. It started as a fan project from an israel guy that even managed to get physix calculation to work on a Radeon HD 3870 quite well (enough to finish a 3d mark vantage with a score of 22.000 or something). Eventually he asked for help and nvidia invited him to join their registered developers program, and even AMD provided him with the documentation he asked for.

Haven't heard any news about this project since july though...
No I know *that's* true... but I mean nVidia doing it first-party.

nVidia actually likes ATI/AMD. Seriously... boggle that.

Right now nVidia is slapfighting with Intel... both AMD and nVidia know that Intel will be the one in the end who can stomp both of them... so they appear to be helping each other for that cause.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
ahhh one of THOSE songs. Reminds me of "silence" by delerium; that song's had at least 12 remixes if not a lot more. Feels like every year we get new remixes :lol:

Heh love that song :)

Gonna give this one a try as well :)