Test Dm-UT-ArenaG8

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
This is a conversion of a Q3A map. I started it at 8am Nov.15. I think I have done a damn good job in that amount of time. So please try it and let me know what you think ;)

First the map(unr).........

Last edited:

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by lucifix
This is a conversion of a Q3A map. I started it at 8am Nov.15. I think I have done a damn good job in that amount of time. So please try it and let me know what you think ;)

First the map(unr).........
i think i should mention that this is NOT the final build...its far from finished........

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
well.... how about making up an design for a map. keep in mind where you want to have items(gameplay!!! might be camping might be useless or easy to get a specific item) and try to avoid dead ends.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
how many polys just for info ?

im basing on the shots now, if you look to those torches with the fire you see that they are a cube, acube is voring, if you want to make it intersting to look at make the shape play with the enviroment, you could also have made the torch with some spaces between, or you could have made the lower part smaller, and stuff, would look much better

the door needs trimming i think, and the light should be less overal > gives sence of place and time and gives atmosfere

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Hourences

im basing on the shots now, if you look to those torches with the fire you see that they are a cube, acube is voring, if you want to make it intersting to look at make the shape play with the enviroment, you could also have made the torch with some spaces between, or you could have made the lower part smaller, and stuff, would look much better

the door needs trimming i think, and the light should be less overal > gives sence of place and time and gives atmosfere
how can i tell how many polys? i dont know how to check :) and how do i make the light less overall?

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Hourences

I know of his tut, but I dont know the address. I have wanted to read it for a while.

Does the arch look better now?

faderide

Far beyond driven
One of my favorite Q3 maps. I always wanted to do "Hells Gate" myself.....someday.
I like the map. Textures look damn good.
I like what you've done so far (I know your not finished yet).
Only problems I saw were possibly some bsp holes around the
mouth and teeth........probably something your already aware of.
Can't wait to play the final version.

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
the map is nearing its final beta/testing phase, i will upload it shortly. i have fixed the bsp(?) errors, thanx faderide i wasnt aware of the one at the tongue. now the last problem. theres a bit of dynamic lighting and its causeing some lag, some parts reach slightly above 300 polys! this may not be a problem for you big boys but i have a 533 celeron with an intel i810 video card. how can i lower the polys?!?

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
why dont you replace the monk statues for something more evil-looking, like a skaarj warrior in attack pose.. that would be great...

it would give your map a more evil feel to it

.. anyway, it looks good. :) keep it on.. your getting better and better every day lucifx.

later,
GriNGoLoCo