Official Map Pack Released?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
That's a 'wtf'.

My negative comments are normally just deleted...

Anyway, Mobius and Facing Worlds are both alright, although I was never a fan of either previously. Searchlight is a really solid map. I quite like it.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
bah i was disappointed tbh,said on epic forum and got a pm from wartourest saying bring the neg feedback here wtf.

So much for mark rain saying good things to come,three maps and poor remakes at that.
OH NO YOU GOT THREE MAPS FOR FREE, WHINED ABOUT IT ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS, AND GOT BANNED!!! You can see that I sympathize with you...

T@F

Jan 25, 2003
Visit site
OH NO YOU GOT THREE MAPS FOR FREE, WHINED ABOUT IT ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS, AND GOT BANNED!!! You can see that I sympathize with you...

who said out about banned???
I did not get banned at all.

All i`m saying is mark rain said good stuff to come,and we get three poxy maps.
Poor quality at that.
and yes they are free,but two remakes from the community are much better.
also the bugs and stuff we had to put up with ut3,even now i expected better bonus pack to make up for the rush job we got.
I mean if i knew now what a kick in the teeth we was going to get,i would never spent £50 on ut3 tbh.

Last edited:

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
who said out about banned???
I did not get banned at all.

All i`m saying is mark rain said good stuff to come,and we get three poxy maps.
Poor quality at that.
and yes they are free,but two remakes from the community are much better.
also the bugs and stuff we had to put up with ut3,even now i expected better bonus pack to make up for the rush job we got.
I mean if i knew now what a kick in the teeth we was going to get,i would never spent £50 on ut3 tbh.

No warning levels either. I respect T@F, but general "I want more because last time I got more" posts don't do anyone, customers or developers, any good.

Hell, T@F isn't even on my ignore list over here :).

T@F

Jan 25, 2003
Visit site
Thank-you WarTourist.

Normally i`m not a negative person,but i do feel we got a bad deal on ut3 now :(
also it`s wasn't a question of more,more like some quality stuff thats all.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I'm happy we got anything - with a pretty poor launch, that's a lot of incentive to just drop development for a game right out of the hat, whereas we've seen two quite reasonable patches and three extra patches already ;)

os][ris

May 10, 2006
Anyways, I'm glad we got the free maps and I hate to be anything but grateful but there are SO many other ut99 maps people would rather see. I can't for the life of me understand why those weren't a choice for a remake. Maybe legal (copyright) issues? *shrugs*.

I mean why Morbias? It's a circle with rocket launchers and my guess is that not many people are going to play it. Compare that with the time spent actually making it and I can't see the justification in picking that map for a remake. Time spent remaking Tempest, Stalwart, hell even Morpheus would be justified by the time people would actually spend playing the maps you spend 60+ (or however long it takes) hours creating.

You could probably write down every ut99 map on a piece of paper, close your eyes and slam your index finger down and whichever map your index finger landed on would have been a better choice then Morbia. :)

Last edited:

HudsonC

Jan 30, 2008
Actually I like the the bonus pack. I am glad that Epic seems to be responding to it's customers with the patches, webadmin and map packs. Would I like more to be done? Of course, but Epic is moving in the right direction.

Rujman

Mar 20, 2008
Some people keep saying that we're getting free content so we shouldn't be complaining, but since the bonus packs have always been a part of UT, it's pretty much an expectation-no, an integral part of the product. UT vets who go out to buy the new title when it's released know in the back of their minds that there will be quality bonus packs coming out in a few months. That's one thing that sets UT apart from other games. In the end, bonus packs are a part of the product, they're not expansions or "bonuses," despite the name.

So when the bonus pack turns out to be subpar, the "gift horses" have every right to complain, because it's an integral part of the product. When they haven't gotten their $60 worth, when ordinary mapmakers churn out better maps, they should moan.

Rujman

Mar 20, 2008
No warning levels either. I respect T@F, but general "I want more because last time I got more" posts don't do anyone, customers or developers, any good.

I'm sure it doesn't, because the devs aren't listening anyway.:lol:

But in all seriousness, do you know if they're working on another Bonus Pack?

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Some people keep saying that we're getting free content so we shouldn't be complaining, but since the bonus packs have always been a part of UT, it's pretty much an expectation-no, an integral part of the product.

Unreal, no bonus pack.
Unreal 2, XMP - released because there was no multiplayer.
Unreal Tournament, multiple small bonus packs.
Unreal Tournament 2003, no bonus pack.
Unreal Tournament 2004, one large bonus pack, lots of community material
Unreal Championship, no bonus pack.
Unreal Championship2, no bonus pack.
Unreal Tournament 3, one small bonus pack.

Yes. An expectation, always a part of UT, I'm sure..

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
UT2003 did get a bonus pack.

However, all of UT's bonus packs weren't much more than this bonus pack, so why complain? UT2004's bonus packs weren't either, really. I'm sure in future bonus packs we will probably see models and maybe something else (gametypes? ;)) but I'm perfectly satisfied with any additional content right now.

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
Unreal Championship2, no bonus pack.

Actually your wrong about aswell if you had an XBox live account you could download a bonus pack with the following map content:
CTF - Monoxide
OD - Ascension
DM - Evil Hands
DM - Sever
As well as extra selectable Characters:
Apophis
Calypso
Garek
Jackhammer
Judas
Kraag
Lilith
Merc Anubis
Necris Selket
Syzygy

see UC2 Website:
http://www.liandriconflict.com/update.php

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Unreal, no bonus pack.
Unreal Tournament, multiple small bonus packs.
Unreal Tournament 2003, no bonus pack.

Your recollection is a bit fuzzy :)

Unreal did have updates that added things like Hardcore mode and a different server browser. (edit - thanks Gothik) And the Fusion map pack.

UT had four bonus packs, but I'd hardly call them small! The Inoxx pack had six maps, the DE bonus pack had 2 CTF maps and some mutators. Another had 11 maps, 3 characters, and Relics. The last had 12 maps and 2 characters.

Unreal Tournament 2003 bonus pack 1 had three new gametypes, 10 new maps, two new adrenaline combos, new announcer voices, and a music player. The UT2003 bonus pack 2 had 6 new maps from Digital Extremes.

Gothik

Day Tripper
Jun 8, 2000
UK
Visit site
Unreal did get a bonus pack, called the Fusion map pack. It consisted of 6 maps, of which CliffyB said:

***Servers, please cycle these bad boys from now on and let's move on from
Deck16 and Curse.***

There was also a second bonus pack (The Bot Pack) planned for Unreal. Wonder what happened to that one? ;)

Technically UT2004 got two bonus packs, but as the content from one was rolled into the other I suppose it doesn't count.

Free stuff FTW!