UT3 Viper's Custom Weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey there! I'm working on a new weapon set for Unreal Tournament 3. The new weapon pack will be based off of my own IP, Fragment, and more specifically, Fragment: Avalanche

Current Version: Pre-Alpha
Weapons Currently Included: Pulse Rifle (Shock Replacement), Tundra Hunter (Link Replacement)
Download Link: Pre-alpha
Pulse Rifle Preview: Pulse Rifle

Tundra Hunter Functionality

One Item of concept art/reference for the Tundra Hunter

The preview of the pulse rifle is old, so the fire rate, damage rate and all that crap is off. Much more has been changed.

How to use: Use the weapons replacement mutator, pull down shock rifle and/or link gun and replace those with the appropriate weapons.

Enjoy the slaughter that ensues, but remember, none of these are finalized as of yet. This is currently to test the weapon's balancing, to see if it's on par with other weapons in UT3.

Once again, thanks for checking it out.

Credits: Me (Currently) And Epic (For their Tools)

Future Plans: Model the Tundra Hunter and the Emphorian Pulse Rifle

[screenshot]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w284/DarkOpsViperX/Fragment/Fragment%2008%2009/TundraHunter.jpg[/Screenshot]

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I will post another pre-alpha soon. The thing will include a replacement for the enforcers (a nasty little sidearm called the Aurora).

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
You're right about the P90 part, it is modeled after the FN P90 in appearance.

I've got more concept work going in soon. The scanner is at my class though, so I can't put it up just yet.

The Emphorian is also a pretty nasty proton-beam weapon that has an underslung Black Plasma GL with a rotary clip for five grenades per clip.

I'm going to analyze some script from the RealWeapons set to learn how to add a reload function, I also need to figure out how to separate the Plasma Grenade's ammunition from the primary ammunition.

The four weapons (excluding the Tundra Hunters in the picture) are going to be in this weapon pack.

[SCREENSHOT]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w284/DarkOpsViperX/Viper-Logo.png[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
My friend is having trouble upgrading his rig, so it looks like the Dev is gonna be slow for a while, that is until he gets his own copy of UT3 and we can get the scripting done for the main weapons. (will most definitely have to create a custom particle effect for the new Super-Weapon, Orbital Godsend). Particle systems will come later, after we have the base code and some of the basic models working. Right now, the Tundra hunter looks like a sloppy shape of a p90, so much more modeling is due. (Don't even want to show the damn thing, lol)

Orbital godsend will have a tracer mode (single, but rapid consecutive launches), and a single devastating mode that will have an effect similar to a meteor impact. Only useable for large, outdoor maps (namely warfare, with skydomes of course).

To explain what the real-world basis of this weapon, think of something like the treaty-restricted "Rods from God," which was an orbital mass-destruction weapons delivery system. Basically, 20-ft kinetic steel rods would be dropped from orbit via satellite, causing something like the Tunguska event. Mass-destruction, yet no radiation or fallout.

The tundra hunter currently gibs opponents. We intend to make the tundra hunter fire through opponents, but collide with level geometry (for obvious reasons). The secondary fire is supposed to be a powerful "Defibrilator" type jolt of a massive amount of energy, either that or utilize the scope.

To replace the link-gun's secondary, we are considering a rechargeable alternative. Some kind of all-purpose nanotech torch.

More information later, as we are very, very busy with stupid stuff.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Draken-85a3 does get a place in this pack. I have around 9 or 10 weapons planned for the pack. Though I don't think I'll be able to finish them all before phase 3 though. :( I will still try my best to get something out before then. Right now I'm going over a couple things I NEED to know to continue with the dev. One thing though that must be changed is the secondary fire for the DRAKEN-85a3 Tundra Hunter, it's going to have a scope.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This DEV will not be continued until further notice. Mapping is higher priority atm. Working on a unique new level focused on large team gameplay.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
[screenshot]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w284/DarkOpsViperX/Fragment/Fragment%2008%2009/114_0181.jpg[/screenshot]

Life must go on! Pursue the dream!

I will pursue modeling the Emphorian pulse rifle, as well as finding out how to create a reload script. This puppy holds 30 shots per clip, and 5 grenades per drum. 2 extra reloads for grenades, 5 reloads (when maxed out) for primary.

This guy is a bullpup style rifle with a very futuristic look. The reticule and all that, i want to do professionally. I need your help!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help. I don't have pizza to donate, but any help will be appreciated, this stuff is going in my portfolio for college, so I need your help!