The Skaarj live!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
They're pretty excellent version of the UT2k4 Skaarj!!!

Pity that I don't like the UT2k4 Skaarj design, in general :(
Except for the ECE Mecha Skaarj(Which were excellent), they were too thin, bogey and wirey to be Skaarj.

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
They're pretty excellent version of the UT2k4 Skaarj!!!

Pity that I don't like the UT2k4 Skaarj design, in general :(
Except for the ECE Mecha Skaarj(Which were excellent), they were too thin, bogey and wirey to be Skaarj.

Nah, Skaarj where allways thin, build a bit like a cartoon bulldog (very thin from the waste down, very musclular from the waste up), the only thing wrong with the UT2k4 ones was that they wheren't a head taller than a human, but thats obvious game balancing.

What i'd really like to see though, is Skaarj troopers, since in Unreal they where allways the ones who carried guns, and it allways seemed that they where just cannon fodder for the ruling class of Skaarj to push around with, they would really fit better into UT3 i feel.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Bleh, never liked that skaarj design :/

Skaarj aren't supposed to be mastodon tanks, they're supposed to be slick super agile warriors. But ok... times change... :/

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
On second thought, it doesn't look too bad. Thing is, I'm not that fond of those big fangs. They might be handy in case someone gives them the eye :D

Seriously (uh oh): Since UT3 is all about super armoured bulky hulk styled players, they'd perfectly fit in.

And that's the face of pure evil. Maybe someone should give their feet extra claws, less humanoid.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Bleh, never liked that skaarj design :/

Skaarj aren't supposed to be mastodon tanks, they're supposed to be slick super agile warriors. But ok... times change... :/

Well, UT2004 and these ones are quite slick. These have pretty much the same proportions as 2k4 + armor thickness. As for mastodon tanks - that would be U2 Skaarj.